Profile Image Placeholder

Thomas Briody

  • Civil Rights, Criminal Law, DUI & DWI ...
  • Rhode Island
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Areas
    Civil Rights
    Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    DUI & DWI
    International Law
    Human Rights, Imports & Exports
    Medical Malpractice
    Birth Injury, Medical Misdiagnosis, Pharmacy Errors, Surgical Errors
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Additional Practice Area
  • Car Accidents
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Rhode Island
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Associations
Rhode Island State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
37 Questions Answered
Q. Is it excessive force if the police cause me to get stitches
A: It might be. But it’s the details that matter. You need to speak to a lawyer. Call one.
Q. How does my boyfriend get the charges dropped?
A: Domestic charges are serious and potentially a felony depending on the grandmother’s age. Your boyfriend needs a lawyer. It may be possible to get the charges dropped, but there is no ‘one size fits all’ answer. Please contact and retain an attorney. Don’t try to do this alone. I hope this response is helpful to you both.
Q. If a person has been nominated to be executor of will, steals estate from beneficiary is it criminal.
A: This is a trusts and estates issue. It may be civil in nature, but if you are alleging theft, there may be a criminal element to it. You should find a civil litigator who has experience or knowledge about contesting a will or challenging the distribution of assets from an estate. From the way you describe this, you should act quickly. Good luck.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
91 Friendship St
Providence, RI 02903
Telephone: (401) 751-5151
Fax: (401) 331-7454