Free Consultation: (401) 552-5000Tap to Call This Lawyer
David Tapalian

David Tapalian

Injury Attorney in RI and Mass. NO FEE Unless we Win!
  • Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Workers' Compensation...
  • Florida, Massachusetts, Rhode Island
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AGoldBlawgsearchSocial Media

David Tapalian has lived in the Rhode Island and Massachusetts area his entire life. He is graduate of Brown University located in Providence, R.I. While at Brown, Mr. Tapalian earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Public Policy and American Institutions. Upon graduation from Brown University Mr. Tapalian then received his Juris Doctorate degree from the Roger Williams University School of Law. Immediately after graduation and passing the Bar Examination in Rhode Island, he then opened his own legal practice and has been at it ever since. He has also been admitted to the Massachusetts and Florida Bars as well as the Federal District Court for Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Mr. Tapalian areas of expertise are in personal injury/accident law. His focus is on vehicle accidents, slip and falls, falling objects, dog bites and pedestrian injuries.

Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Nursing Home Abuse
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
    No Fee Unless we Win Your Case!
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Rhode Island
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Tapalian Law
Rhode Island Bar Association
Massachusetts State Bar
Florida State Bar
Brown University
Roger Williams University School of Law
J.D. (2000)
Placeholder image for education.
Brown University
B.A. (1997)
Brown University Logo
Professional Associations
Rhode Island State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Rise in Bicycle Accidents Feared Amidst Dismantling of Providence Bike Lane
David Tapalian
Speaking Engagements
PIP Considerations
Milton Chiropractic
Discussion as it pertains to PIP and auto accidents within the Commonwealth and specifically the pitfalls of PIP deductibles.
Top 100 Trial Lawyers
The National Trial Lawyers
Avvo Client's Choice 2016
Legal Answers
9 Questions Answered

Q. I was in a hit and run accident last week I have the driver tag number and a photo of the driver from the security
A: There may still be treatments that you can do for your injuries. However as with all cases time is of the essence. If you would like to speak with us privately please feel free to contact us for free consultation.
Q. Vehicle on highway in front of me stopped for an illegal uturn in median and caused wreck.. they fled scene. Now what?
A: You should file a police report. Were you injured? As you know in Florida you will have PIP so depending up how long ago the accident was, you may still be treated for your injuries. If you have any more specific questions, please feel free to email me directly"
Q. No insurance. The person didn't have bodily injury coverage. After PIP, I have $16,000 left to pay. What do I do?
A: Do you know if you have uninsured motorist coverage?
Q. As the owner of a vehicle that caused an accident while being driven by another insured adult, am I liable?
A: Yes you could be. The owner as well as the operator could be found liable. Make sure you notify your insurance.
Q. Is it possible for to sue at fault party three times in small claims court for myself and my two children ?
A: Do you happen to have uninsured motorist coverage? You could engage in a small claims matter depending upon the value of the claim. However depending upon the particular defendants even if you receive a judgment it may be very challenging to collect on that judgment.
Q. How do I sue someone in county court for medical bills and car loss value?
A: I'm sorry to hear about your situation. We often encounter cases where there's no insurance on the other side. Do you by any chance have UIM coverage? That may be another way to approach this. Please feel free to email me directly. Thank you.
Q. What can a widow and child collect for death of husband and father who was killed in a car accident
A: As an attorney licensed to practice law in Florida, Rhode Island and Massachusetts, we can help you. A lot of the information that we need to assist you in determining your case, is very fact intensive and private. There are a lot of factors in answering this question. Some of them include, the amount of insurance that each party had including any under insured motorist coverage. The appropriate way for us to ascertain the details of the case and to advise you, would be for you to contact us. You will be speaking directly with me attorney David Tapalian. Please feel free to reach out and we can advise you immediately.
Q. What happens if I decide not to go through with medical treatment that my settlement is supposed to cover?
A: That's a good question. It could have negative implications for your health. In addition, it could affect your settlement. Furthermore if you wait too long to treat you may never be able to resume treatment.
Q. If my husband was driving on a suspended license, but got injured and wasn't at fault can he sue the other driver?
A: Yes he may be able to. It all depends upon the total facts. I am here now if you wish to speak.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Tapalian Law
Providence Office
350 S Main St
Providence, RI 02903
Telephone: (401) 552-5000
Fax: (888) 703-3334
Tapalian Law
Warwick Office - By Appointment Only
3970 Post Rd3970 Post Road
Warwick, RI 02886
Tapalian Law
Seekonk Office - By Appointment Only
350 Fall River Ave
Seekonk, MA 02771