Free Consultation: (401) 861-2100Tap to Call This Lawyer
Albin Moser

Albin Moser

Albin Moser, Attorney at Law
  • Personal Injury, Divorce, Family Law ...
  • Massachusetts, Rhode Island
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I have built my career serving the best interests of my clients. I work with you and on your behalf to ensure the best possible outcome for your personal situation. I have more than twenty years experience as an advocate and counselor at law. I serve clients in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. I handle lawsuits in the state and federal courts in both states as well as in the cities and towns.

Practice Areas
Personal Injury
Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Property Division, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Family Law
Child Custody, Child Support, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders
Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
Estate Planning
Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
  • Free Consultation
    Free consultation for up to one (1) hour. I can consult with you by telephone, text, video or in person.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    I accept PayPal, Venmo, CashApp, ApplePay and other pay apps.
  • Contingent Fees
    Insurance claims are usually a 1/3 contingency fee instead of hourly.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    For hourly matters my standard rate is $180 an hour.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Rhode Island
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Albin Moser, Attorney at Law
- Current
Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge LLP
Boston University School of Law
J.D. (1999)
Boston University School of Law Logo
AV Rated
Professional Associations
Rhode Island Association for Justice
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
57 Questions Answered
Q. I’m disabled can I be sued in small claims
A: Yes. You can be sued and if the court finds that you owe the money then the court can enter judgment against you to pay the money. The court can also order interest, Attorneys fees and court costs to be paid by you, if the court find that is warranted. But, if your income is all from public benefits then the creditor who got the judgment against you cannot collect from that income. If you have other assets that are not from public benefits then some of those can be taken by court order.
Q. Hello -My divorce was finalized in 2019. Our daughter is going to be 12 this year and it is a joint custody agreement.
A: The challenge you face is that you agreed to what the agreement says and it is still enforceable against you. But the opportunity here is: what exactly does it say? Look at the wording. And, if the wording is really as disadvantageous as you say it is, then next: the agreement can always be modified by you and your ex. Could you and your ex agree to change that provision, for the benefit of your minor child? If you phrase it about what is best for your daughter then your ex is more likely to agree, than if you phrase it about what is best for you and your girlfriend / fiancé. Most important, at 13 your daughter has a voice of her own and I am sure that she makes it known what she wants: what does she want? The parents ought to listen to that. As for going back to court: the judge could potentially change it because matters involving custody of children are modifiable. Lots of time, money and stress to do that, so, see above for easier ways. ... Read More
Q. Are there any consequences regarding an executor in another state that does not probate a vehicle registered and houses?
A: One of the purposes of probate is to make sure there is clear title to assets, so if there is no trust or other means of non probate transfer of these assets then yes, they need to be probated. But, concerning the houses, check the deeds to see if they were owned with any other person or placed in a trust. The deeds are searchable online in Rhode Island. Concerning the vehicles, certain relatives can transfer the vehicle without probate in certain circumstances.

If you believe that there is a problem then you should talk to the executor and make your concerns known. If you are an heir or beneficiary of the estate then you also have a right to file an objection with the probate court.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Law Offices of Albin Moser, P.C.
166 Valley Street
Building 6M, Suite 103
Providence, RI 02909
Telephone: (401) 861-2100
Monday: 9 AM - 7 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 7 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 7 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 7 PM (Today)
Friday: 9 AM - 7 PM
Saturday: 12 PM - 5 PM
Sunday: 12 PM - 5 PM