Free Consultation: (614) 407-0443Tap to Call This Lawyer
Raquel Ann Parish

Raquel Ann Parish

Premium Family Law Firm | R. A. Parish Law, LLC
  • Divorce, Family Law
  • Maryland, Ohio
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Raquel Ann Parish is an OHIO based attorney who practices solely in the area of family and marital law. She graduated from the University of Maryland University College, Cum Laude, with a degree in Psychology. She went on to earn her Juris Doctorate from the top tier rated University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law in Baltimore, Maryland.

Ms. Parish has cared about family law issues throughout her career and she has consistently helped her family law clients reach amicable resolutions for their cases. She has successfully negotiated numerous martial settlement agreements and shared parenting plans, including child support. When cases are not able to resolve, Ms. Parish is a fierce advocate at trial. She maintains her commitment to families who need quality legal assistance when facing Family and Divorce disputes.

Ms. Parish believes in working closely with her clients to ensure that they understand their cases and that they understand the best and most realistic solutions to resolving their family law matters. She offers guidance and education to clients through each step of the process, helping to ease fears and providing expectations. Ms. Parish is committed to resolving case matters amicably, especially in cases involving children. Ms. Parish will vigorously protect client’s rights when necessary if the parties involved cannot agree concerning the case issues. She is experienced and ready to help you today.

Practice Areas
    Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Family Law
    Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
  • Free Consultation
    No Cost, No Obligation Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Maryland Court of Appeals
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Supreme Court of Ohio Office of Attorney Services
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law
J.D. | Law
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
State Bar of Ohio  # 0098643
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Maryland State Bar  # 1212120060
Activities: Civil Litigation and Family Law
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
R. A. Parish Law, LLC
Legal Answers
64 Questions Answered
Q. I am the defendant in an ex parte emergency motion for temporary allocation of parental rights and responsibilities.
A: In Ohio, filing Motions for Ex Parte Emergency child custody orders varies county to county. They are not permitted in all counties and if they are permitted parties must meet the applicable legal standard to receive such an order. When an Ex Parte Motion is granted the court is required to hold a hearing generally within 10 days to allow the other party a chance to argue why the order should not stand. When the request for order is denied the party who was denied the motion is also entitled to a hearing within the statutory timeline. An emergency Ex Parte custody order can be granted initially without the other's party's appearance. However, it may not be extended if the emergency is disproved or rendered a nonemergency matter at the scheduled hearing.
Q. I have a Ohio custody arrangement for shared parenting. This order states that I am residential parent and legal custo
A: When there is already an Ohio court order in place for the children to live in Ohio and the non residential parent removes the children from the state it can take many difficult steps to have them returned. There is no clear path on getting the children returned to the state as every state is different in how custody disputes are handled. Every state must however give full faith and credit to court orders of another state and enforce another state's court orders in their jurisdiction upon proper registration and notice to the affected party. The residential parent can try to appear in the other state and contact the local police for assistance in getting the children, the residential parent can hire an attorney in the other state to register the Ohio court order in the other state and request the court in the other state to enforce the court order including a finding of contempt and order for the local police to assist in turning over the minor children. It is advised to contact an attorney in the state where the other parent is located in order to discuss obtaining jurisdiction over the non residential parent to enforce the Ohio court order.
Q. My name is Cierra I am asking about being able to move out a few months before I turn 18
A: Pursuant to Ohio Revised Code 2919.23 no person, knowing the person is without privilege to do so or being reckless in that regard, shall entice, take, keep, or harbor a minor child from the parent, guardian, or legal custodian. A parent guardian or legal custodian must give permission for a minor child to move out or those who harbor the minor child may face criminal charges.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
R. A. Parish Law, LLC
P. O. Box 881
Delaware, OH 43015
Telephone: (614) 407-0443