Free Consultation: (713) 974-1151Tap to Call This Lawyer
Michael Glynn Busby Jr

Michael Glynn Busby Jr

  • Bankruptcy, Collections, Consumer Law...
  • Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I have served 4 years as a field artillery cannoneer in the United States Marine Corps and another 4 years in the militias of Arkansas, Oklahoma, and North Carolina. I am a family law and bankruptcy attorney who practices family law in Harris and Fort Bend County, Texas. Bankruptcy cases (Chapter 13 and Chapter 7) are filed in the Houston or Galveston divisions of the Southern Division of Texas, for residents of the following counties, Austin, Brazos, Colorado, Fayette, Fort Bend, Grimes, Harris, Madison, Montgomery, San Jacinto, Walker, Waller, Wharton, Brazoria, Chambers, Galveston, and Matagorda. I have two offices in the Greater Houston Area, one at 6100 Corporate Drive Suite 190, Houston, Texas 77036 and another at 715 East Whitney, Houston, Texas 77022. I stay late on Wednesdays until 8 p.m. and I am open two Saturdays a month. My vanity number is 281 divorce. Eric Southward manages our Bankruptcy section and appears 3 to 5 times a week in the bankruptcy courts of Houston and Galveston, Texas. I am Board Certificated by Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Family Law.

Practice Areas
  • Bankruptcy
  • Collections
  • Consumer Law
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Foreclosure Defense
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Japanese
  • Spanish
South Texas College Of Law
Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (J.D.)
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Texas State Bar # 24036294
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Family Law
Texas Board Of Legal Specialization
Websites & Blogs
Busby & Associates P.C.
Busby & Associates P.C.
Legal Answers
25 Questions Answered

Q. My husband and I are getting a divorce he wants to stay in the house. We had it appraised at $240,000. $83,000 is owed
A: That is a statement, not a question. If you have a house, then one can buy someone out of the house, sell the house, or give straight over. Also, if you have other assets other than the house, you should put it all in the pot, spreadsheet for the division of the property.
Q. Im looking for a family law lawyer to help me with my childsupport issues. Im low on funds due to childsupport.
A: Max child support is at 50% of your check. You may want to try to some law schools in your area, many times they have pro bono law students, but then if you get a stimulus check in the coming weeks you would use that money to lawyer up. I would suggest to get some free consultations and have a lawyer look at your gross and then also the percentages as applied to the gross for verification you are paying within guidelines. If you are subject to a modification, ,many times the attorney general will do a modification for free.
Q. Hey I’m 13 and I live in Texas my dad threatened to punch me in the throat for wearing clothes that fit me is that lega
A: A parent has the right to reasonable discipline of their child in Texas. "Punch in the face" with a child that steals cars, or maybe sells drugs, could work, with clothes, I would take away your cell phone and do not pay it, would be better.
Q. My father has custody of my kids....
A: If the child support order is from Texas, there was a case a couple years ago that confirmed you should get credit for indirect payments. Thus, it would be wise to hire a lawyer who works child support collections. You will need a payment plan as it is extremely unlikely you would get any type of forgiveness of the child support obligation.
Q. Is Texas a state where spousal support is ordered? Married 40 years, separated 5. Adultery & abandonment involved.
A: Net resources for spousal support does not includes disability nor social security, but a retirement payment would be a resource he could pay you from. Time to see a lawyer
Q. I need someone to help I’m trying to get a fast divorce because my ex won’t leave me alone or my house
A: If there has been family violence then you maybe able to file a protective order and get a kick out order, otherwise you file for divorce, ask for temporary orders, set for hearing, and then ask for exclusive use and possession of the residence pending a final trial.
Q. Will i be entitled to retirement benefits?
A: Texas regonzies a common law marriage. You may look for evidence that is older than six years to show an earlier date of marriage, but based on your questions, looks that since the date of the marriage you have six years of community property subject to division.
Q. Hello, I have a standard visitation order with my ex husband for our 2 children. The school is out till April 13.
A: Texas Supreme Court has stated to follow orders in place as if school were in session. Thus you can do as you like by agreement and in absence of an agreement, follow the court order.
Q. I want to get a divorce from my wife because she had 2 kids outside of our marriage. Can she take our house
A: She can always ask for the community property interest in that house. It is up to the judge based on your facts as to what share of the community either spouse should take. If she is with other men, and not paying towards the house, and you are living in that house making mortgage payments, very hard case for her to make, but a crafty lawyer would likely still ask for something out of the house.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
6100 Corporate Drive #190
Houston, TX 77036
Telephone: (713) 974-1151