Free Consultation: (888) 343-4529Tap to Call This Lawyer
Rahlita D. Thornton

Rahlita D. Thornton

Thornton Esquire Law Group
  • Personal Injury, Divorce, Insurance Claims...
  • Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AGoldSocial MediaResponsive Law

Houston Personal Injury Accident Lawyer Attorney Rahlita D. Thornton has been committed to personal attention to clients for almost 30 years dealing with Trucking Accidents, Car Accidents, Injury or Wrongful Death. The main goal is to obtain maximum compensation after a personal injury occurs. Free consultations 888-343-4529. Car Accidents, 18 wheeler truck accidents, personal injury law, bus accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, bicycle accidents, commercial vehicle accidents, distracted driving accidents, drunk driving accidents, fatality accidents involving catastrophic injuries are among those handled. Attorney Rahlita D. Thornton’s success as a personal injury accident lawyer comes from experience and her analytical skills.

If you have been injured in an accident, you are likely facing many medical bills, treatment needs, emotions, and obstacles. Your physical impairments as result of your accident are likely a struggle after your accident. We are here to help. This accident lawyer is directly involved and can be reached to speak to by phone by her valued clients.

Family values are also very important to Houston Family Lawyer Attorney Rahlita D. Thornton. This Houston Family Lawyer handles cases in most surrounding counties in adoptions, divorces cases, family law issues, custody actions, child support, child custody, modification of child support, modifications of visitation, and or contempt actions when visitation orders are being violated. She is always looking out for the kids. She says often “I love the kids” and that it is always about what is best for them, then courts use the phrase “best interests of the child” as a standard. This should always be taken into consideration. 888-343-4529.

Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Divorce
  • Insurance Claims
  • Family Law
Additional Practice Areas
  • Accidents
  • Car Accidents
  • Truck Accidents
  • Motorcycle Accidents
  • Bicycle Accident
  • Wrongful Death
  • Accident Lawyer
  • Adoptions
  • Custody Disputes
  • Visitation Disputes
  • Free Consultation
    Free Case Evaluation Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    For accidents no up front fee. For family law and other cases we accept credit cards.
  • Contingent Fees
    Accidental Injuries-Houston Accident Attorney
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Can retain and sign contract electronically. No need for in office appointment.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Thornton Esquire Law Group
Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law
J.D. | Law
Placeholder image for education.
Texas Southern University
B.B.A. | Accounting
Honors: Cum Laude; Beta Alpha Psi Honor Fraternity; Iota Phi Lambda Business Sorority
Texas Southern University Logo
United States Achievement Award
Insurance Law
American Jurisprudence Award
American Jurisprudence Award
Torts (Negligence)
American Jurisprudence Award
Professional Associations
Houston Lawyers Association
Activities: Helping the community associated with various legal issues.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Texas Trial Lawyers Association
Activities: Houston Accident Attorney and Family Law Attorney helping the community preserve the 7th Amendment.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Fort Bend Lawyers Association
Activities: Handling Fort Bend matters-family law and accidents.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Iota Phi Lambda
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Texas State Bar # 19979500
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Rahlita D. Thornton's Website Profile
Thornton Esquire Law Group Website
Legal Answers
367 Questions Answered

Q. Legal process when a Respondent doesn't properly cite the Petitioner.
A: Yes, you have to send any pleadings that you file directly to the opposing party. If you don't you won't be able to proceed as it relates to the filing. Good luck. 888-343-4529.
Q. Hello and thank you for reading my question I have twin daughters who are 17 and both have major issues.
A: You should file while they child is under 18 for a modification of the prior order and with a physical disability child support can be extended indefinitely. 888-343-4529.
Q. I went to UPMC emergency room Plano, Tx in July and they ruptured my ear drum. I now have hearing loss and Tenitus.
A: Feel free to give us a call to discuss this further. It could be a case of actionable conduct against the facility. 888-343-4529.
Q. Do i need a lawyer to file a written answer, or should I do it myself?
A: CPS are serious cases to be involved with. If you have been served then they mean business. Get an attorney and save yourself the headache or heartbreak. Good luck. 888-343-4529.
Q. My wife and I are getting a divorce and cannot afford it with the filing fees. Can you tell me what my options are?
A: Contact the State Bar of Texas for a referral. Good luck.
Q. My daughter is 22 and now pregnant. Boyfriend is 17 can they be married without his parents signing that he can
A: Probably not since he is not 18. Once he turns 18 the parents will have no say so at that point. Good luck.
Q. Parents never married, father is on birth certificate, both parents signed AOP at hospital.
A: Yes the mother can move where ever she pleases unless the father initiates a court order with rules into place. The father should retain an attorney for these matters asap. Good luck. 888-343-4529.
Q. Cps took my 3 kids and placed the older two with their father. He is not allowing me to see or talk to them.
A: It must be heartbreaking to be without your kids especially for the holidays. See if you can get the CPS orders or plans and then take them to retain your own attorney to pursue the proper course of action. Make sure you have all orders as it relates to the children before consulting with an attorney. You may only have to threaten the father to follow the order already in place. Good luck. If you need our services let us know 888-343-4529.
Q. I’m a foreign national who got into a car crash. I’m at fault. I don’t have any property in United States.
A: Your automobile insurance should be able to handle this situation. Make sure that they are aware of the accident.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Thornton Esquire Law Group
Houston Office
3730 Kirby Dr
Houston, TX 77098
Toll-Free: (888) 343-4529
Telephone: (713) 401-3998
Thornton Esquire Law Group
Sugar Land Office
By Appointment Only
2245 Texas Dr
Sugar Land, TX 77479
Toll-Free: (888) 343-4529
Telephone: (713) 401-3998