Profile Image Placeholder

Megan R. House

  • Divorce, Criminal Law, Family Law...
  • Tennessee
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Criminal Law
  • Family Law
  • Collections
  • Personal Injury
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Associations
State Bar of Tennessee # 33359
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Tennessee Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Association of Women Attorneys
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Attorney Website
Firm Website
Legal Answers
16 Questions Answered

Q. didn't turn driving school papers in before ticket was due. They wouldn't let turn in and had to pay ticket now.
A: He could have taken care of this, but he chose not to. Allowing someone to do driving school to keep a ticket off their record is not a right, it is an agreement between your son and the State. He didn't follow through with his part of the agreement, so they no longer have to honor theirs. He asked the judge, who had the authority to accept the driving school certificate and dismiss the ticket, and the judge held him to his agreement to do driving school and show proof of completion by certain date, he failed to do so and now he has to pay the ticket.
Q. How do i report a male sex offender that is having a relationshio with a 12 year old boy?
A: You need to report it to the police immediately. You are not responsible for proving it, that is the police department's job. When you report it to the police, you may ask that your identify be kept confidential, and they may or may not do so. You could report it to the child abuse hotline, those calls are confidential. The investigation will not be kept confidential, the police will do what they need to to investigate the claims and they will determine how to go about it.
Q. My father passed away last month and I am a heir so why do I have to supenna the attorney for a copy of the will?
A: It sounds like you may not be a beneficiary under the will. If you were then you would have been contacted by the attorney or your sister to let you know that you are a beneficiary and what share you would receive. If he said that you need to a subpoena the will in order to see it, then you should do that.
Q. General Sessions suit against me where I am the defendant that the judge dismissed without prejudice.
A: That means that the current case was dismissed, but that the Plaintiff can refile and essentially bring another suit against you based on the same facts as the first one.
Q. Went 2 court for 1st time & judge gave me 60 days to get lawyer. Because of bail I can't afford one yet.What will happen
A: If you could afford to bail yourself out but not hire a lawyer, it sounds like you should have stayed in jail in order to get a public defender. The judge will probably not ask to you to plead until you have retained an attorney or decided to represent yourself (which I do not recommend).
Q. How can I find out if there is a court date for a custody hearing for my child without me knowing?Can the father do that
A: If there is a custody proceeding involving you and your child then it is required by law that he serve you with the paperwork. However, if you think he is up to something, call down to the Shelby County Juvenile Court, give them your information and ask if anything has been filed or if a court date has been assigned. Best of luck.
Q. I have a tentant that is 4 months past due as of today. I have let the lease expire last year.Options to evict?
A: If there is not an active lease, then you may have what's called a month-to-month tenant. If the tenant is month-to-month, then you may evict with 30 days notice for non-payment of rent. You'll need to give notice, file the proper paperwork in court and go before a judge. I would suggest you hire an attorney to assist you, it shouldn't be very expensive and this can be a difficult process to navigate on your own. The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and attorney Megan House, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. You should not act upon information provided without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Attorney Megan House assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.
Q. Trying to complete my divorce, HELP! ! !
A: Without all the facts, it is impossible for me to know why mediation was ordered if there is nothing in dispute. It may be considered contested because a parenting plan and marital dissolution agreement have not been submitted to the court. I suggest you find an attorney as soon as possible to draft the necessary documents to finalize your divorce. The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and attorney Megan House, nor is it intended to create such a relationship.
Q. Will it still take 60 days to divorce if we have been separated for 2 years?
A: I recommend that you hire an attorney to handle the divorce and answer your questions.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Divorce Attorney
299 Walnut Bend Rd
Suite 100
Cordova, TN 38018
Telephone: (901) 522-0111