Free Consultation: (405) 272-4710Tap to Call This Lawyer
Charles Watts

Charles Watts

  • Family Law, Divorce, Tax Law ...
  • Oklahoma
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Charles grew up in a family construction business and has been dealing with contracts and legal issues for over 30 years. He went to law school to reduce cost in the business, however during this time found a new passion in helping people through the legal hurdles that we all face at some point in time in our life.

Charles has been married to his wife Gina since 2003 and they have an adopted daughter whom they have had since birth. Actually since day one, as they were in the birthing room when she was born. Going through the adoption process has given us insight and experience from the clients view and understand the stress that comes along with an adoption, not to mention they have also undergone the stress of three failed IVF rounds, so understanding that stress and expense is nothing new to them either.

Charles focuses mostly on Family Law issues, such as Guardianships, Divorce, Custody or Visitation, and Adoptions. However, he is also very adept with Construction Law, general Business Law, and Tax Law.

Please feel free to reach out for a free phone consultation for your legal need.

Practice Areas
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Tax Law
Business Taxes, Criminal Tax Litigation, Estate Tax Planning, Income Taxes, International Taxes, Payroll Taxes, Property Taxes, Sales Taxes, Tax Appeals, Tax Audits, Tax Planning
Construction Law
Construction Contracts, Construction Defects, Construction Liens, Construction Litigation
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Oklahoma Bar Association
ID Number: 33066
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
United States Tax Court
ID Number: WC21156
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
University of Oklahoma
B.A. | Business and Legal Issues, with a Constitutional Studies minor
University of Oklahoma Logo
Oklahoma City University
MBA | Business Administration
Placeholder image for education.
Oklahoma City University School of Law
J.D. | Law
Oklahoma City University School of Law Logo
Boston University School of Law
LL.M. (2020) | Tax Law
Boston University School of Law Logo
Professional Associations
Oklahoma Bar Association  # 33066
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Adoption Congress
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Adoption without Consent, Oklahoma Paralegal Association Annual Conference, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Oklahoma Paralegal Association
Discussing the basic ins and outs of adoptions without consent.
Websites & Blogs
Gungoll, Jackson, Box & Devoll, P.C.
Charles L. Watts, PLLC
Legal Answers
328 Questions Answered
Q. I want to escape joint real estate ownership with my sibling.
A: If you have true Tenancy in Common, you own your "interest" in the property. You have the right to transfer that interest to anyone you like, even without the permission of the other interest owners. You can even sell your interest to another person not related to you. However, if you actually hold Joint Tenancy with right of survivorship, you must have consent of the other owners, this is where the Partition Order would come in, if the others do not agree. First step is to insure that it is a true TIC and not JT. You should probably contact an attorney for assistance on this, as there are some idiosyncrasies to deal with in property.
Q. How do I make to where I don't have to mow my yard? How can I make this work to feed the bees and let nature be natural?
A: While I understand your preference, the city is allowed to enact city codes for the safety and welfare of the citizens within the city limits. Tall grass is one of these items because, whether we agree or not, can create a hazardous condition in the event of grass fires. Unfortunately this battle has been fought and lost too many times. Your option is to mow, have it mowed, pay the fines you get assessed for it not being mowed (followed by bench warrants for failing to pay those fines), or move to an unincorporated area that does not have the regulations.
Q. Dad adopted me. He and Mom die. Does that give me the right to inherit their home . No will
A: If you are legally adopted through the courts, then you are considered a child with the same rights of a naturally born child. This does not mean you are guaranteed the house, but it does mean you potentially have a rightful share in the home. You should contact an estate/probate/family law attorney to help you navigate this.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Gungoll, Jackson, Box & Devoll, P.C.
101 Park Avenue, Suite 1400
Telephone: (405) 272-4710
Monday: 9 AM - 4:30 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 4:30 PM (Today)
Wednesday: 9 AM - 4:30 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 4:30 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 4:30 AM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed