Free Consultation: (405) 338-7679Tap to Call This Lawyer
Matt Fleischer

Matt Fleischer

Flat Fee Probates. Oil & Gas Expertise. Statewide Service.
  • Probate, Energy, Oil & Gas Law
  • Oklahoma, Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I migrated from North Dakota to Oklahoma City in 1998 to attend Southern Nazarene University. After obtaining a B.S. in 2002, I attended Oklahoma City University School of Law, where I served on the board of editors for the law review and graduated with highest honors in 2005.

From 2006 to 2014, I worked as an in-house prospect landman for a major independent oil and gas producer. In 2014, I left the corporate world for private practice, where I serve clients in the areas of probate and oil & gas.

“Need a lawyer that you can trust like a family member? Matt is your guy! He is a kind, talented, intelligent lawyer who treats his clients' cases as if they are his own. I highly recommend Matt without any reservations.” - Justin G.

"Matt was easy to work with. He listened to all our concerns. He responded promptly to all communications and completed the job quickly. I recommend Matt and expect to work with him again in the future." - Ruth N.

Practice Areas
Probate Administration, Probate Litigation
Energy, Oil & Gas Law
Additional Practice Area
  • Oil & Gas
  • Free Consultation
    Free 30 minute phone
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Flat Fee Probates Flat Fee Mineral Interest Research
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Oklahoma Bar Association
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
State Bar of Texas
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Professional Experience
Fleischer, Fleischer, Painter & Cantrell, PLLC
Cowan & Fleischer, PLLC
Sr. Landman
Chesapeake Energy Corporation
Oklahoma City University School of Law
J.D. (2005)
Honors: Summa Cum Laude
Activities: Board of Editors, Law Review
Oklahoma City University School of Law Logo
Southern Nazarene University
B.S. (2002)
Placeholder image for education.
Summa Cum Laude
Oklahoma City University School of Law
Professional Associations
Oklahoma Bar Association  # 20697
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Section, Oklahoma Bar Assoc.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Texas State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Bazetta v. McGinnis: Prisoners' Right to Non-Contact Visitation Under the First and Eighth Amendments
Oklahoma City University Law Review
Speaking Engagements
An Introduction to Estate Planning, Oklahoma City
Francis Tuttle Technology Center
Websites & Blogs
Fleischer Law, PLLC
Legal Answers
26 Questions Answered
Q. If someone makes a will and then lists someone else as POD of their bank account. What happens? Who would the money go?
A: The individual listed on the bank account as POD beneficiary will receive the money in the bank account.
Q. My grandmother gave me property. I have been living on the property for almost 30 years. She passed. Need in my name.
A: I am sorry for your loss. The answer to this question depends on numerous factors, primarily how she "gave" you the property. For example, did she add you as a joint tenant, did she leave it to you in her will, etc. You should contact an attorney to discuss the situation. Most provide free consultations and can probably point you in the right direction in a brief 10 minute phone call.
Q. Oil rights
A: The answer depends on many factors, but it sounds like you are probably looking at a joint probate of two estates if you want to legally transfer the minerals from your uncle to your father's children. That being said, bear in mind that if there are liquid assets in the estate (like royalty payments held in escrow at Marathon Oil), there's often no up front cost to you. The attorney's fees can be paid out of the estate at the end of probate. Many probate attorneys, like myself, are happy to provide a free consultation to discuss the specifics of your situation and then quote you a flat rate to handle everything.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Fleischer Law, PLLC
13190 N. MacArthur Blvd.
Oklahoma City, OK 73142
Telephone: (405) 338-7679
Monday: 8 AM - 5:30 PM
Tuesday: 8 AM - 5:30 PM
Wednesday: 8 AM - 5:30 PM (Today)
Thursday: 8 AM - 5:30 PM
Friday: 8 AM - 5:30 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed