Free Consultation: (440) 213-3184Tap to Call This Lawyer
Anthony Rocco Pecora Esq

Anthony Rocco Pecora Esq

Vigorous Representation at local and national levels
  • Business Law, Divorce, Family Law...
  • Ohio
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Having represented individuals, families and businesses over 19 years, and having had attorneys represent me in the past, I have learned that clients deserve compassion, vigorous representation, and honesty. My practice areas demand that I provide my clients with these qualities.

I have represented clients who have lost the dignity of work because of errors in their background report or background checks or lost the ability to get a loan because of a credit report error across the nation. Too many times people in these circumstances feel hopeless. I work hard to provide that needed hope and right the wrongs caused by faceless background and credit reporting agencies.

In addition, I have nearly 20 years of divorce, dissolution of marriage, custody, visitation and other family law practice experience. Having been divorced with children myself, I recognize the ups and downs of the divorce process. I represent Husbands and Wives in Avon, Ohio, Avon Lake, Westlake, Bay Village, Rocky RIver, Vermilion, Amherst, Sheffield, Erie County, Lorain County, Cuyahoga County and elsewhere in Ohio.

Lastly, I represent individuals and businesses in civil litigation, employment matters, non-compete agreements, personal injury cases and other legal matters.

Practice Areas
  • Business Law
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Employment Law
Additional Practice Areas
  • Background Report/ Background Checks for Employment
  • Credit Report Errors
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Various Federal District Courts Nationwide
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Cleveland State University
J.D. (1998) | Law
Cleveland State University Logo
University of Toledo
B.A. (1995) | History, Political Science, Education.
Honors: Cum Laude
University of Toledo Logo
Professional Associations
Ohio State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
5 Questions Answered

Q. My ex husband and I were ordered to pay off a business loan at 50% each. He has stopped making payments
A: You can file a Motion to show cause contempt of court against him. Then he will be forced to come to court and show cause why he should not be held in contempt.
Q. My new employer pulled the offer the day I started. I already quit my old job. Do I have a case?
A: Do you think the employer terminated you because of your credit report? If the employer used the credit report to fire you, it should have first provided you with a copy of your report PLUS a written statement of your consumer rights (a document which tells you how to contact the reporting company and dispute any errors) BEFORE it made any final decisions on your employment. The law (in this case the Fair Credit Reporting Act) is there to protect job applicants and employees who are declined employment or fired because of the contents of a background or credit report. The FCRA requires that the employer FIRST provide you that copy of the report plus a meaningful opportunity (usually 5 days) to review, discuss and even dispute the contents BEFORE making any final employment decision. An employer that fails to follow these rules may be liable to an employee or job applicant for lost wages or other financial damages. Did the employer give you a copy of the report?
Q. Help with background check information?
A: This is a very common problem that has plagued job applicants nationwide for years. In fact, I have represented individuals like you across the country (it happens everywhere.) You do have rights! In fact, you have rights which may have been violated by the employer and the background reporting company which may result in you receiving financial compensation under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA.) The FCRA requires that background reporting companies keep reasonable procedures in place to ensure maximum possible accuracy of the report. The reporting company failed this when they reported what is called "Mixed" information (information about someone else.) Because of this erroneous report, you could file a claim in Federal Court against the reporting agency and demand lost wages and other financial damages. An attorney experienced in this area of law can usually practice anywhere in Federal Courts in other states. Did you receive a copy of the report PLUS a written statement of rights from the employer? Did the employer give you at least 5 days to address the report BEFORE it made a final decision not to hire you? Please see this link for more information about your rights. and
Q. false or inarticulate information on your background check by chekr
A: If Chekr is considered a consumer reporting agency it has obligations under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) to have reasonable procedures in place to assure maximum possible accuracy of the information reported. Simply put, it should have algorithms or other "If then" formulas in place to make sure the information reported is really about you. You may have a claim against Chekr. You are likely not to have a claim against UBER if you are considered an independent contractor. Did you receive a copy of the report? Is it about someone else?
Q. Can an employer rescind a job offer on the basis that something might show on background report?
A: An employer may use a background report to assist it in making employment decisions. HOWEVER, since background reports or background "checks" are considered consumer reports under the Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), employers must follow specific rules when not only using the reports but also obtaining the reports. These rules, generally are as follows: 1) The employer must obtain your written consent to pull your report. Your report contains sensitive data (credit history, employment history, and potentially criminal records.) Because of this, Congress required under the FCRA that employers first obtain your informed consent to receive your report; THEN 2) Once the employer gets the report, and it determines that it may use the report to deny employment (or fire an existing employee) it MUST first provide a copy of the report to the applicant or employee and provide that person with a meaningful opportunity to address or dispute the report. THis must happen BEFORE any final employment decision is made. An employer that fails to follow these rules may be liable to pay lost wages or other financial damages for the violation of the law.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
5455 Detroit Road
5455 Detroit Road
Avon, OH 44054
Toll-Free: (440) 213-3184
Telephone: (440) 930-4001
Cell: (440) 213-3184