Free Consultation: (818) 740-5335Tap to Call This Lawyer
Alexander C. Safarian

Alexander C. Safarian

Free Consultation! Skilled & Aggressive Los Angeles Lawyer!
  • Personal Injury, Landlord Tenant, Real Estate Law
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law

Alex Safarian is a partner at Block LLP with extensive civil litigation experience. Mr. Safarian has successfully represented hundreds of clients in civil litigation matters. He is renowned for his expertise in litigating a wide range of claims, including Personal Injury, Unlawful Detainer, Fair Housing, Discrimination, Wrongful and Retaliatory Eviction, and Breach of Lease, and is well respected by defense attorneys, judges, and insurance companies in Los Angeles and neighboring counties for his integrity and compassionate representation of his clients.

Mr. Safarian’s clients are confident they will receive the highest level of service and maximum protection possible under the California laws. Mr. Safarian has a background in Business and Property Management, with a B.S. in Business Management. Mr. Safarian also has been active as a board member of various non-profit organizations, specifically centered around providing housing for the City of Los Angeles.

Practice Areas
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
    Landlord Tenant
    Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Homeowners Association, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State Bar of California
ID Number: 311520
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Armenian: Spoken
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken
Professional Experience
Managing Partner
- Current
Supervising Attorney
Dennis P. Block & Associates, APC
- Current
Southwestern University School of Law
Southwestern University School of Law Logo
Award of Recognition
City of Burbank
Professional Associations
California State Bar  # 311520
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Top Lawyer - Alexander C. Safarian
Medium Magazine
Speaking Engagements
ANCA Conference
California Department of Real Estate
Websites & Blogs
BLOCK LLP - Personal Injury Trial Lawyers
Legal Answers
20 Questions Answered
Q. Can an Umpire in a California Insurance Code 2071 Appraisal suspend or terminate the Appraisal between the parties?
A: Under California Insurance Code Section 2071, an umpire appointed to participate in an insurance appraisal has the authority to suspend or terminate the appraisal process if necessary. The umpire may take this action if it becomes apparent that the appraisal process is not being conducted in accordance with the provisions of the insurance policy or the relevant state laws.

There are certain procedures that the umpire must follow in order to suspend or terminate an appraisal. For example, the umpire must provide written notice to the parties involved in the appraisal and specify the reasons for the suspension or termination. The umpire must also provide an opportunity for the parties to address any issues that led to the suspension or termination.

If an appraisal is suspended or terminated, the parties may have the option to pursue other remedies, such as filing a lawsuit or seeking mediation. The specific options available to the parties will depend on the circumstances of the case and the provisions of the insurance policy.
... Read More
Q. Can a landlord go into your yard and Continueously throw my things away without my knowledge ?
A: In general, landlords do not have the right to enter a tenant's yard or throw away a tenant's belongings without the tenant's permission. Landlords must generally give advance notice before entering a rental property, unless there is an emergency or the tenant has given prior consent.

If your landlord is entering your yard and throwing away your belongings without your knowledge or consent, you may have grounds to take legal action against your landlord. You may be able to file a complaint with the local housing authority or a tenant's rights organization, or you may be able to file a lawsuit against your landlord for trespassing or conversion (the unauthorized use or disposition of someone else's personal property).

It is important to document any instances of your landlord entering your yard or throwing away your belongings. This may include taking photos or videos, collecting witness statements, and keeping any receipts or other evidence of the value of your belongings.

You may also want to consult with a lawyer or legal aid organization to understand your legal options and determine the best course of action in your specific situation.
... Read More
Q. Can I sue my landlord for forging my initials and signature on a lease contract I never signed?
A: Forgery by definition, is illegal and a landlord cannot forge a tenant's signature on a lease agreement or any other document. If you believe that your landlord forged your initials or signature on a lease contract that you never signed, you may have grounds to take legal action against your landlord.

There are several options available to you in this situation. One option is to file a complaint with the local housing authority or a tenant's rights organization. You may also be able to file a lawsuit against your landlord, alleging fraud or breach of contract.

If you decide to take legal action, it is important to gather as much evidence as possible to support your case. This may include a copy of the lease agreement with the alleged forged signature, any witnesses who can confirm that you did not sign the lease, and any other relevant documentation.

It is also a good idea to consult with a lawyer or legal aid organization to determine the best course of action in your specific situation. They can help you understand your legal rights and options, and provide guidance on how to proceed.
... Read More
View More Answers
Contact & Map
455 N. Moss Street
Burbank, CA 91502
Telephone: (818) 740-5335
Monday: Open 24 hours
Tuesday: Open 24 hours
Wednesday: Open 24 hours (Today)
Thursday: Open 24 hours
Friday: Open 24 hours
Saturday: Open 24 hours
Sunday: Open 24 hours
Block LLP
3500 W Olive Ave
Third Floor
Burbank, CA 91505
Telephone: (818) 740-5335
Monday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM (Today)
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Saturday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Sunday: 9 AM - 5 PM