Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Asbestos & Mesothelioma
Additional Practice Areas
- Car Accidents
- Dangerous Drugs
- Medical Devices
- Pharmaceutical Malpractice
- Pipeline Explosion
- Toxic Torts
- Trucking Accidents
- Wrongful Death
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New Mexico
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Potts Law Firm
- University of Texas - Austin
- University of Houston - Main Campus
- Houstania top lawyer
- Rated by Super lawyers
- Super Lawyers
- American Association for Justice
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas State Bar
- New Mexico State Bar
Websites & Blogs
- Adam T. Funk's Website Profile
- Potts Law Firm - New Mexico Practice
- Potts Law Firm
- Toyota recalls nearly 700,000 vehicles because of issues with fuel pumps
14 January 2020
- Derek H. Potts Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America©
15 August 2019
- Plane Crash: 10 Dead After Incident at Addison Airport
1 July 2019
- Bayer ordered by jury to pay $2 billion in damages in latest Roundup trial
14 May 2019
- Airplane crash: At least 5 dead after midair collision over Alaska
14 May 2019
- Lawsuit Filed Against Major Hotel Brands
8 May 2019
- What You Need to Know about NHTSA’s New Airbag Investigation
25 April 2019
- Missouri revokes license two years later of pediatric surgeon Guy Rosenschein
24 April 2019
- Allegations Against Former Presbyterian Pediatrician Now Include Child Molestation
7 March 2019
37 Questions Answered
- Q. What is the average discovery period for a product liability case filed in the NJ Fedral court?
- A: It really depends on the federal court and the judge. Some judges allow the period to last up to 30 days prior to the trial. Others cut it shorter. Some judges allow you 6 months while others provide you with 18 months. It really depends on a number of factors. Adam
- Q. Are settlements in a lawsuit public information?
- A: Very few are because the defendant requests a confidentiality agreement.
- Q. My mother was diagnosed with gall bladder stones when in surgery the surgeon noticed she didn't have a gall bladder.
- A: I was involved in a similar case. This may have been an unnecessary surgery and therefore malpractice. You should contact a malpractice attorney right away.
- Q. I need help with someones lawsuit
- A: Lawyers are always here to help.
- Q. What is the time frame for Texas to file a civil suit against the illegal immigrant drunk driver that killed my son?
- A: I am sorry for your loss. You have two years from the date of death.
- Q. My best friend and my daughter's god father was killed in Texas, the family has sued. Can we sue for our grief and loss?
- A: If you did not witness the accident then no. If you did, then there might be a claim. You should speak to an attorney as soon as possible for statute of limitations purposes.
- Q. If a radiologist missed an meniscus tear on an MRI. As a result the tear gets worse and surgery is needed. Negligence?
- A: Negligence is defined as the beach of the standard of care. If a reasonably prudent audiologist would have caught it and the additional damage caused you more injury, then there might be a claim of negligence. You should speak to a qualified medical malpractice attorney in Texas as soon as possible.
- Q. I need an approximate amount of money if I give up my right for medical treatment for life. I'm 31 years old
- A: I'm not sure I understand your question. If you provide more details, perhaps I can help.
- Q. My mom was given to much medication in the ER and nothing was charted what are our options
- A: I answered a similar question above. Please see that answer.
Contact & Map