Free Consultation: (214) 797-1861Tap to Call This Lawyer
Walker Fults

Walker Fults

Trusted, Aggressive Representation
  • Criminal Law, Domestic Violence, DUI & DWI...
  • Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Walker Fults represents a select clientele of individuals who have been charged with crimes in Dallas and the North Texas area. He treats every case as if it will go to trial. Taking an aggressive approach at the outset allows him to uncover every detail that could contribute to a positive outcome for his clients’ cases. Where some lawyers settle on the prosecutor’s terms, Walker Fults has successfully obtained Not Guilty verdicts at trial and had cases dismissed outright. Walker Fults doesn’t stop working for his client until he’s gotten the absolute best result. Before opening his own law practice, Mr. Fults worked for several years at top private law firms in downtown Dallas. He was also selected for a prestigious federal clerkship at the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, where he authored over twenty-five draft orders and opinions disposing of a wide range of federal cases related to civil rights litigation, qualified immunity, immigration, and judicial fraud, among other subjects. While inside federal court chambers, he also worked up close with federal criminal cases including federal drug trafficking, federal sex abuse cases, judicial bribery, and criminal immigration matters. Walker Fults received his undergraduate degree from Duke University and his law degree from the University of Virginia School of Law, both top-ten nationally ranked institutions. While at law school, he was Executive Editor of the Virginia Journal of Law and Technology, and participated in the selective criminal defense clinic, where he was the only practitioner to obtain a not guilty verdict at trial for a client charged with a serious drug crime. Walker Fults is a Dallas native and third generation Dallas lawyer. He graduated from St. Mark’s School of Texas, cum laude. He is deeply grateful that he has the opportunity to work every day in a law practice focused on bringing the best legal representation to those who need it most.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • Domestic Violence
  • DUI & DWI
  • White Collar Crime
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    The Law Office of Walker Fults accepts credit cards in person or over the phone.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Chinese: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Law Clerk
United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Selected to be a United States District Court clerk, reserved only for those who graduate in the top of their class from one of the best law schools in the country.
University of Virginia
J.D. (2012) | Criminal Law
Activities: Virginia Journal of Law and Technology, Executive Editor William Minor Lile Moot Court
University of Virginia Logo
Duke University
B.A. (2008) | Political Theory
Duke University Logo
Professional Associations
State Bar of Texas # 24083036
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Kafka's The Trial
Dallas TX Criminal Lawyer
How to Talk to Police
Dallas TX Criminal Lawyer
Electronic Surveillance: A Brief History and Examination of Present Legal Debate
Washington Undergraduate Law Review
Websites & Blogs
Law Office of Walker Fults
Legal Answers
17 Questions Answered

Q. In Texas are police officers required to report a crime when they learn of it?
A: Police have discretion to report, ticket, or charge someone with a crime. For example, police often see a traffic offense, and find during the course of a legal stop that they may have the legal authority to write 4 different tickets. A good police officer may only choose to write one ticket, and educate the driver about the other issues. This would be an example of police discretion. Remember that police are human beings too. They want to enforce the law, but they also want to have good relations with other people. Being kind and polite to police officers is always a good idea; just don't let them push you around or intimidate you, and remember to never confess to breaking the law.
Q. Can two 17 year olds in Texas who both consent to having sex with each other be stopped from having sex by the parents
A: In Texas, the age of consent is 17. That means 17 year olds can consent to sex, so there is no legal issue there. However, our legal system also treats those under 18 as "minors." While living under the parents' control, minors are expected to listen to and obey their parents. However, disobedience to parents is not a crime. Legally, the parents cannot stop two 17 year olds from having sex, unless they "ground" the minor or take other non-legal measures to enforce their parenting rules.
Q. Is communication between my husband and our son (who is 5) while he is dealing with a criminal court case a problem?
A: It sounds like your sister wants punishment that is bigger than the crime. What he did was wrong, but should be lose his marriage and contact with his son over it? Or should you forgive him and try to understand why he did it, and reconcile? That's for you to decide. Your sister will find her own way--don't let her hold your marriage hostage. Legally speaking, it sounds to me like your husband can communicate with you and his son until he is prevented from doing so by a court order, like a protective order. Without seeing more details about your situation, it's hard to say for sure. Your husband and your family will have the best outcome if you hire a skilled attorney to help your husband through this trouble.
Q. If I have affidavit of non prosecution why will DA not accept on forgery charge
A: One a D.A. has a case, they don't like to roll over on it and give up. Even with an affidavit of non-prosecution, they will still sometimes press forward. If you feel that your case has improved but there is no movement in the prosecutor's position, it may be worth hiring an attorney to feel out a negotiated plea deal or trying your case to a jury to make sure the matter is addressed properly.
Q. In Texas two 8 year old boys intentionally spray an 8 year old girl with RoundUp. 3 wks later they threaten to rape her.
A: This is a delicate situation because the children are so young. For that reason, I think the most probable thing is parents, school teachers, and other adults in their lives will discipline and correct the behavior without the legal process getting involved at this point.
Q. In mesquite (dallas, tx) can u say that you do not want to press charges once you've already said yes?
A: Think very carefully about what you would like to do, considering the consequences of either choice. If you tell the police you want to press charges, you are helping the case against your kid's dad. If you walk back your statements and say you don't want to, you're making less noise about it. If a case has already been filed, it may be too too late to say you don't want to press charges, because the D.A. is already handling the case at that point. Depending on your memory of the event, it is sometimes possible to sign an affidavit of non-prosecution that says you were excited at the time you talked to police and did not remember things clearly. In your sober recollection now, however, you remember that things did not happen as they are presented in the police statements. That often takes the wind out of the prosecutor's sails. Please be safe, and good luck.
Q. I'm trying to understand the term "agency" and finding it very hard to. Please help me
A: In this context, it means who the arresting agency was--for example, the Dallas Police Department, Texas Rangers, United States Marshals, etc.
Q. I have a 16 year old son who is hanging out with a 21 YEAR old can this person be arrested
A: Is it a girlfriend? What would the other person be arrested for? Without more information about the situation, it's hard to say. In Texas, children under 17 cannot consent to having sex--not sure if that is tacitly what you are asking.
Q. After having a background check ran on me for employment reasons, i find out that I have a misdemeanor traffic citation
A: It could be a mistake, especially if you were never pulled over, and the ticket is for a moving traffic violation. You should contact an attorney who can help you get the matter straightened out and hopefully have the case dismissed.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Law Office of Walker Fults
3300 Oak Lawn Ave. Ste. 700
Dallas, TX 75219
Telephone: (214) 797-1861