Free Consultation: (217) 563-7777Tap to Call This Lawyer
Trent West

Trent West

Law Offices of Glenn & West, LLC
  • Traffic Tickets, Criminal Law, Personal Injury ...
  • Illinois
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

We are rooted in Montgomery County with two offices to better serve the area. Our firm handles many cases in the surrounding counties (Macoupin, Bond, Fayette, Christian, and Shelby County) as well. We have experience handling many areas of law, including personal injury (car wrecks/dog bites/slip or trip & falls/wrongful deaths/malpractice), traffic/DUI/criminal defense cases, bankruptcy, family law (custody/child support/adoption/divorce), estate planning (wills/POAs/trusts), and estate administration (non-probate and probate), and general civil practice.

I grew up Nokomis (Montgomery County), where my family and I reside. My degrees are from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville and Thomas M. Cooley Law School. While in law school, I concentrated on litigation and advocacy for justice in the courtroom. I have put that concentration to use representing clients in the courtroom in hearings, trials, and other matters.

On a personal level, I am married and have three children. My wife and I are part of the Rotary eClub of Central Illinois. As a family, we enjoy volunteering and serving those that need help in and around their community.

Practice Areas
    Traffic Tickets
    Suspended License
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    DUI & DWI
    Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    Personal injury, malpractice, wrongful death cases only
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Law Offices of Glenn & West, LLC
- Current
I took over this law firm in 2018 and handle multiple areas of law as the Managing Attorney.
Associate Attorney
Brown & Brown LLP
I handled primarily personal injury litigation: car wrecks, dog bites, slip and falls, etc. I also handled traffic law and criminal defense law as well.
Assistant State's Attorney
Madison County State's Attorney's Office
I was a prosecutor handling traffic, DUI, misdemeanors, and municipal ordinance violations.
Thomas M. Cooley Law School
J.D. (2011) | Litigation
Honors: Dean's List
Activities: Bar Association; Law Review; Moot Court
Placeholder image for education.
Southern Illinois University - Edwardsville
B.S. (2007) | Criminal Justice
Activities: Sigma Pi Fraternity
Placeholder image for education.
Leadership Achievement Award
Thomas M. Cooley Law School
Professional Associations
State Bar of Illinois  # 6307305
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Metro East Community Rotary Club
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Montgomery County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
3 Questions Answered
Q. What legal options do I have if I don't know what other car caused my accident? I blacked out.
A: If you have no way of finding out the vehicle that caused the wreck, you are most likely stuck with filing the claim with your own insurance company. If there was a police report, there may be information on it about the other driver. I recommend requesting the report from the police agency that responded.
Q. I believe I have conflict of interest with my states attorney. I was involved in a accident with him
A: Most likely not but it will depend on what happened in that wreck with him and how much oversight he has on the case. If you feel you are being mistreated as a result, you can bring it up to the judge or your defense attorney.
Q. If my boyfriend is paying me child support and we get married will it stop ?
A: The child support will not automatically stop. You have to seek a court order terminating the child support. If his support is coming out his check, a notice terminating the child support withholding needs to go to his employer after the court terminates the support.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Nokomis Office
320 W. Central St.
PO Box 36
Nokomis, IL 62075
Telephone: (217) 563-7777
Cell: (217) 827-2347
Fax: (217) 563-7781
Litchfield Office
1118 W. Ryder St.
Litchfield, IL 62056
Telephone: (217) 324-7777
Cell: (217) 827-2347
Fax: (217) 324-7785