My practice is limited primarily to two areas, driver's license reinstatement and DUI. My background affords you a unique perspective.
For all of your professional needs, call Ted at 217-525-0520.
For 15 years, I heard driver's license cases as a contractual hearing officer for the Secretary of State (DMV). This experiences has provided me with the opportunity to understand how the opposing side thinks and operates.
- DUI & DWI
- Traffic Tickets
- Social Security Disability
- Driver's License Reinstatement
- Free Consultation
Initial telephone consultation with experienced and knowledgeable staff. I will follow up.
- Credit Cards Accepted
VISA, Master Card, American Express, Discover and Electronic Checks.
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
For driver's license hearings, partial payment with balance not due until day of hearing, affording you the opportunity to budget your fees.
- Harvatin Law Offices PC
- - Current
- I began practicing law in Springfield Illinois in 1981. In 2000, my partner became a judge, and I have been solo since that time. I formerly took on virtually any case. But the law has now grown too complicated for me to be "all things to all people". As a result, I limit my practice to a few areas, and I know the law in those areas quite well.
- University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
- J.D. | Law
- Knox College
- B.A. | Ecnomics and Business
- Honors: Honors: Cum Laude Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Mensa Society
- Membership in Mensa is open to persons who have attained a score within the upper two percent of the general population on an approved intelligence test that has been properly administered and supervised. There is no other qualification or disqualification for membership eligibility.
- Illinois Trial Lawyer's Association
- - Current
- Activities: Statewide organization whose members, through the courts, public opinion and the elective process, advance the interests of injury victims.
- Illinois State Bar Association
- - Current
- Activities: Association of Illinois lawyers who work to improve the legal process.
- Sangamon County Bar Association
- - Current
- Activities: Springfield is the seat of government for Sangamon County. Abraham Lincoln practiced law here. The Association strives to carry on the traditions of Lincoln to improve the delivery of legal services to our community.
- Theodore J. Harvatin's Website Profile
- Harvatin Law Offices PC Website
- Illinois DUI Lawyer Blawg
- North Carolina Brings Attention to Auto Brewery Syndrome as a Defense in DUI Cases
11 November 2019
- DUI Case Highlights Importance of Impartial Jurors
30 October 2019
- Woman Highlights Harm Caused by Inappropriate DUI Arrests
16 October 2019
- Case Illustrates the Evidence the State Needs to Prove DUI Charges
30 September 2019
- Recent Cases Highlight Inconsistencies Regarding Miranda Rights in DUI Cases
9 September 2019
- Illinois Court Discusses Constitutionality of Prior Marijuana DUI Laws Following Recent Changes
28 August 2019
- Court Discusses When Results of a Blood Test are Admissible Under the Good Faith Exception to the Fourth Amendment
13 August 2019
- United States Supreme Court Rules Blood Draws on Unconscious People are Permissible
28 July 2019
- Wisconsin Court Rules DUI Suspect Cannot Withdraw Consent to Chemical Testing After Blood is Drawn
13 July 2019
- Q. Can I get court supervision twice in one year?
- A: I don't see how you could receive supervision without appearing but maybe the ticket is in one of the few jurisdictions that lets you do it by mail. Or maybe the cop is wrong.
- Q. Well I’m a truck driver. And I came to a complete stop. Another driver hit me on the right side
- A: I imagine she told a different story. Cop is not the ultimate decision-maker and he did not witness the crash. You need to plead not guilty and show up in court.
- Q. I recieved a letter in mail stating I owe 800 for red light camera tickets, from 2015,16. I just got the notice 10/24/19
- A: That ship sailed a long time ago.
- Q. I was driving my car and it didn’t have insurance at the time I had house fire and needed to move it off the street.
- A: Bring proof to court. They will offer supervision. You will pay a fine and carry SR22 for three years but won’t be suspended.
- Q. Should I get a lawyer for speeding in school zone?
- A: Without a lawyer: you plead guilty pay a fine and get a conviction. Or you go to trial don’t know what you are doing and probably lose.
- Q. I’m 20 I just got my first ticket for doing a 55 in a 30. I have to go to court. I’m scared and I don’t know what to do
- A: Ask for court supervision. At 25 over it's just a traffic ticket.
- Q. I was cited going 92 in a 70 by Illinois state police - the officer didn't sign or date the ticket. Can I get out of it?
- A: Not on those grounds.
- Q. Was pulled over and given a court date for not having an up to date insurance but it was up to date?
- A: Yes.
- Q. I have a hearing to get my license back and I'm on supervision do I admit to supervision or can I say no I have not been
- A: One of the questions on the application asks whether or not you have received a ticket or court supervision in the past 6 months. And anyway, they will run your current driving record and the supervision will show up.