Since 1989, I have been an attorney licensed by the State Bar of Michigan. In my decades of general practice, I have served thousands of clients. Among the first-50 attorneys in Michigan to complete the Family Law Certificate program offered by the Institute for Continuing Legal Education in Ann Arbor, MI, I have completed more than 1000 divorces from start to finish. In addition to family law, I have a robust criminal law practice, representing clients in jury trials and appeals across Michigan. A roster attorney for the Michigan Appellate Assigned Counsel System for 3-years, I know my way around the criminal justice system. The Michigan Attorney General has appointed me to serve as a Special Assistant Attorney General (felony child support) and to serve Oakland County as a Public Administrator. These appointments have provided extensive family law, probate and elder law experience as a professional fiduciary in thousands of cases. My appellate docket has placed me before the Michigan Supreme Court, Mich Court of Appeals, and the U S Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit. Serving 2-years as a pre-hearing attorney for the Michigan Court of Appeals was my 1st job out of law school, followed by another 5-years in the appellate section of Plunkett & Cooney, one of Michigan’s largest private law firms. For 8-years in the middle of my career, I was an Asst Professor and Director of Legal Studies at the Univ of Detroit Mercy. The UDM Law Review published my article on civil rights claims in the law enforcement seizure context. As a professor of legal studies, I trained paralegals in all aspects of assisting attorneys in private practice, publishing a comprehensive article on this subject in the Mich Bar Journal. Juris Doctor from the University of Detroit (1988) Bachelor of Arts with honors from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI, (1984).
- Appeals & Appellate
- Elder Law
- General Civil
- Probate Litigation
- Free Consultation
Initial consult is free.
- Credit Cards Accepted
Master Card, VISA, Discover
- 6th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Assistant Professor - Legal Studies
- University of Detroit Mercy
- As the Director of the Legal Studies Program, I developed the legal assistant curriculum as well as taught courses in family law, criminal law, and legal reasearch. A major component of the curriculum development was an Internet enhanced pedagogy. Also, I had primary responsibility for maintaining compliance with UDM's approval with the American Bar Association.
- Associate Attorney
- Plunkett & Cooney, PC
- This was an awesome law firm experience; I still keep in touch with many Plunketteers, past and present. During my years at PC, I handled federal and state civil appeals and a variety of products liability litigation.
- Prehearing Attorney
- Michigan Court of Appeals
- This was my first position as a licensed attorney out of law school. As a prehearing attorney, I learned the rudiments of legal research and writing on a wide variety of civil and criminal cases. My job was to recommend an outcome of a case to the three-judge panel assigned to decide the matter. This position was instrumental in my professional development as a general practitioner capable of handling a variety of complex matters from start to finish.
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law
- J.D. | Law
- University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
- B.A. | History & Economics
- Honors: Honors in the Political Science Program
- Michigan Guardianship Association
- Team Membership
- - Current
- Family Law
- Institute of Continuing Legal Education, Ann Arbor, MI
- Oakland County Divorce, Estate Planning, Probate & Criminal Lawyer
- Oakland County Divorce Lawyer
- Oakland County Family Lawyer
- Oakland County Criminal Lawyer
- Oakland County Estate Planning & Probate Lawyer
This video provides the mission statement of the Clarkston Legal law firm. Excellent service for reasonable fees in divorce, estate planning and criminal defense, including appeals.Clarkston Legal - Clarkston, MI
Clarkston Legal Info ClipClarkston Legal - Client Testimonials
Clarkston Legal Client TestimonialsCriminal Appeals Lawyer Part 1
Timothy P. Flynn was the appellate criminal defense attorney participant on a distinguished panel of legal professionals that presented for Michigan Govt TV.Timothy P Flynn Clarkston Legal.mpg
Criminal Defense attorney Timothy P. Flynn presents closing argument to an Oakland Circuit Court Jury in a drunk driving case in 2009.