Free Consultation: (615) 244-4693Tap to Call This Lawyer
Thomas Walter Tucker

Thomas Walter Tucker

Attorney at Law
  • Personal Injury, Workers' Compensation, Insurance Defense...
  • Tennessee
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I practice in the area of workers’ compensation, automobile accidents, personal injury, subrogation and insurance defense. I have successfully represented and defended employers, insurance companies, and third party administrators in many state courts and in the Tennessee Department of Labor. I consistently achieve successful results through trial verdicts, summary judgments and mediations. I have successfully recovered money from the Tennessee Second Injury Fund for workers’ compensation benefits improperly ordered by the Department of Labor.

In 2002, I earned a Doctor of Jurisprudence degree from the Nashville School of Law. In 1993, I graduated from Auburn University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science. I have received an AV® Preeminent peer review rating from Martindale & Hubbell.

I am a member of the Nashville Bar Association and Tennessee Bar Association. I am admitted to practice in all state courts of Tennessee as well as the United States District Court, Middle District of Tennessee.

Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Insurance Defense
  • Estate Planning
  • Probate
  • Insurance Claims
Additional Practice Areas
  • Car Accidents
  • Insurance Bad Faith
  • Free Consultation
    30 minute free consultation
  • Contingent Fees
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Hourly and flat fee rates available
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Professional Experience
Law Office of Thomas W. Tucker III
- Current
Veazey & Tucker
- Current
Glasgow and Veazey
Law Clerk
Glasgow and Veazey
Nashville School of Law
J.D. (2002)
Placeholder image for education.
Auburn University
B.A. (1993) | Political Science
Auburn University Logo
Preeminent AV Rating
Professional Associations
Tennessee Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Nashville Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Workers' Compensation and how it related to child support, Get the inside scoop, Nashville
Support Center of Tennessee
Workers' Compensation Mock Trial and Panel Discussion, Vanderbilt's Management of Injured Worker Conference, Nashville
Vanderbilt University
Rules for Confidentiality (HIPAA) & Disability Accommodation (ADA), Vanderbilt's Management of Injured Worker Conference, Nashville
Vanderbilt University
AV® Preeminent Peer Review rating
Martindale & Hubbell
Legal Answers
13 Questions Answered

Q. Can I receive workers' compensation benefits, even if my injury did not occur in my office?
A: The answer is maybe. Generally, in order to have a "compensable" work injury in Tennessee, the injury must "arising primarily out of and in the course and scope of employment, and is identifiable by time and place of occurrence." If your work required you to be out of the office and you were injured, you could have a work injury. You should contact an experienced workers' compensation attorney to discuss the specifics of your claim.
Q. Can a insurance company send a summons 2 years after a wreck in 2016 when my insurence company didn’t contact me?
A: If you had car insurance at the time of the accident, contact your insurance company to let them know of the lawsuit. They should protect you pursuant to the policy, which would include an attorney. If you did not have valid car insurance, you are on your own but should consider contacting an attorney that handles car accident defense cases. Generally in Tennessee, there is a one year statute of limitations for personal injury claims and a three year statute of limitations for property damage claims.
Q. What can I do if the executor is stealing from the estate?
A: You need to speak with an attorney as soon as possible. Based on your statements, your step mother is violating her fiduciary duties as the executor by distributing the estate property not in accordance with the will. You need to consider asking the court to remove and replace her with a new executor and attempt to recover the improperly distributed property. You do not need to contest the will to do this.
Q. Personal injury ?
A: In order to address your question, you would need to provide additional information about the accident. What happened? Who caused the accident? Does that person have car insurance? Do you have car insurance? Were the police called and did they prepare a report? (Plus many more questions.) You should seek the advise of a good personal injury attorney in your area. They should be able to give you a free consultation about your accident and provide you some direction even if they decline to represent you and/or your fiancé.
Q. A family member was hit by a car that rammed through the wall where she was working as a waitress.
A: Your family member needs to consult with an experienced Tennessee attorney who handles both workers' compensation and personal injury claims. There are too many issues to be addressed in the space allowed.
Q. Should I only have to pay 5% of the bills?
A: You need to discuss this with a lawyer. Your question suggests either the will has not been filed with the Court and an estate opened or the estate has been opened but not properly and timely administered. Who was appointed as the Executor of the will/estate? Does the will waive an inventory and accounting of the estate? If your aunt was appointed as the Executor, what has she been paying from the estate assets? You should not be forced to pay any portion of the bills. There are many other issues that need to be examined.
Q. Liability involving a borrowed car
A: If your son had the friend's permission to drive the truck and the friend had auto insurance, the friend's insurance will likely cover the repair costs after the deductible. If the friend did not have auto insurance and your son does, your son's insurance will likely cover the repair costs after the deductible. If neither had insurance, both the friend (as owner) and your son (as operator) could be responsible for the repair costs. Consider the cost of repair, deductibles and possible increase in insurance premiums to determine if it would be less expensive to take care of the repairs without using any insurance. If no insurance is used/available, your son should still get the owners to sign a release after an agreement is reached to prevent them from coming back later and saying there is additional damage that needs to be repaired.
Q. Settled with wc after an injury with lifetime medical now they won't pay for my medication from the injury what do I do?
A: Your employer is only responsible to provide reasonable and necessary future medical benefits for a work injury. Not sure of the reason they are denying the medication. If your authorized treating physician has ordered the medication and the employer has not approved it, there are possible appeals to the denial. Would need additional information.
Q. Received a settlement proposal for wc claim. It includes $1,000 extra for med benefits closure. Can I refuse that part?
A: The insurance company cannot force you to settle the future medical benefits at any time. You can advise them you will agree to the permanent partial disability benefit based on the impairment rating and you decline their offer to close your medicals. They will be responsible for reasonable and necessary medical treatment for this injury for your lifetime pursuant to the Tennessee Workers' Compensation Act. They will not necessarily be responsible for future treatment involving another injury to the same leg.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Washington Square
222 2nd Avenue North
Suite 312
Nashville, TN 37201
Telephone: (615) 244-4693
Fax: (615) 256-0499