Free Consultation: (212) 721-5300Tap to Call This Lawyer
Sharon M. Siegel

Sharon M. Siegel

Let our family help you and your family!
  • Estate Planning, Probate, Real Estate Law ...
  • New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Areas
Estate Planning
Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
Real Estate Law
Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
Education Law
Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
  • Free Consultation
    My free consultations are usually by phone, unless there is a need to see documents.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Croatian: Spoken
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
J.D. (1993)
Honors: Jacob Burns Award, Editor-In-Chief, Cardozo Women's Law Journal
Activities: Student government, Bet-Tzedik Legal Services
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law Logo
Barnard College
B.A. (1993) | Political Science
Honors: Cum Laude
Activities: Student Government, Honor Sociecty
Placeholder image for education.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
20 Questions Answered
Q. Can you use your security deposit to cover rent in NYS (due to COVID) if you are at the end of your lease?
A: You can use your security to pay the rent. Technically, you are supposed to replenish it, but it is not necessary.
Q. A lawyer representing the estate of my Fathers first wife is asking me for a death cert.-am I due any compensation?
A: If they were legally divorced, the lawyer should have no need for a death certificate unless the lawyer is trying to claim an asset. I would not give it to the lawyer and get an explanation of why it is needed.
Q. Grandpa recently passed away, in his will i receive all of his guns which are rifles and shotguns. Do i need a permit?
A: I agree with my partner that you need to register a registered gun that is bequeathed to you. However, there are situations where your bequest is unregistered and this requires knowing what types of guns they are and whether you need to involve the police/ law enforcement. You must discuss this with a lawyer. Are you the executor? I suggest you work through a lawyer.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Siegel & Siegel, P.C.
521 Fifth Avenue
Suite 1700
New York, NY 10175
Telephone: (212) 721-5300
Fax: (212) 947-9967
Monday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM (Today)
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Will come early or stay late to suit my client's if need be and will also do a virtual meeting.