Free Consultation: (845) 727-7727Tap to Call This Lawyer
Peter Klose

Peter Klose

Klose & Associates
  • Appeals & Appellate, Business Law, Consumer Law...
  • New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AGoldBlawgsearchSocial Media

Klose & Associates offers various legal services to individuals and businesses, including business entity formation, contract preparation and negotiation, litigation, buying and selling personal and business assets, and wills and estate matters. Our clients have sought representation for business, environmental, insurance, intellectual property trademark and copyright), personal injury, professional malpractice (accountant, legal, medical), real estate and probate or estate matters.

Practice Areas
  • Appeals & Appellate
  • Business Law
  • Consumer Law
  • Entertainment & Sports Law
  • Estate Planning
  • Intellectual Property
  • Legal Malpractice
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Personal Injury
  • Probate
  • Products Liability
  • Real Estate Law
  • Trademarks
  • Workers' Compensation
Additional Practice Area
  • General Civil
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Negotiable and Flexible Retainer Agreements
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Klose & Associates
New England Law | Boston
New England Law | Boston Logo
Cornell University
Cornell University Logo
Professional Associations
Nyack Planning Board
Placeholder image for professional associations.
River Rowing Association
Director, Secretary
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Nyack Chamber of Commerce
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Rockland Business Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
New York State Bar # 2586691
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
"Masters Degree" in Rockland County
Leadership Rockland, Inc.
Legal Answers
18 Questions Answered

Q. Can I force refinance of mortgage, without divorce decree?
A: I don't do matrimonial law, but I don't understand how you could be "divorced" without a Judgment of Divorce and Decree that adjudicates the sale of the house. You should be enforcing your rights through the divorce decree. Go to the attorneys and start an action to enforce the agreement.
Q. closing was cancelled due to condition of house
A: I am sorry your deal did not occur. Although it is difficult to tell from your post, it sounds as though you were the "buyer" of real property in New York. As your attorney likely told you, New York is a caveat emptor (buyer beware) state. That means, between you, your inspectors, your title company, your attorney, and your other "advisers" you MUST find out whether the house is marketable, safe, comes in the condition you expected, and has the correct municipal approvals. If it does not, and you are permitted to cancel the deal (either before contract, or after), then you must pay your advisers, inspectors, title companies, radon testers, etc. You hired them to do a job, you have an obligation (contractually) to pay for the expenses you incurred trying to find out about the condition of the house. Indeed, short of fraud by the Seller, you can't even sue the seller for your costs to inspect and purchase the house.
Q. I’m sued for leaving a bad review on Better Business Bureau for bad customer service
A: You should hire a lawyer to defend you from any such litigation (you say you are "sued"). You should not default in any litigation.
Q. What happens if you buy or sell a property and the bathroom count is different than what is listed?
A: In my view, the issue is not what the bank thinks, but whether there is a Certificate of Occupancy or other governmental approval for the bathroom "improvement." You should check with the building department of the local municipality to be sure that there are sufficient C/Os for the improvements made to this 1/2 bath. Good luck!
Q. My sister bought me out of my share of our parents house with a personal mortgage to me before she passed away.
A: Assuming that the mortgage was properly executed, you can foreclose on the Mortgage and you can also likely make a claim to the Estate for the Purchase Money Note that was likely signed at the the time.
Q. What are the laws regarding webcams and "reasonable expectation of privacy". A neighbor wants my nature cam moved.
A: There are two layers to this question, the legal and the practical. From a legal perspective, I am unaware of any rule, regulation, or other law that prohibits your camera's view. From a practical point of view, do you really want to pick this fight with your neighbors? We all have to live in society, and it can get really nasty to have disgruntled neighbors. You clearly know how they feel . . . .
Q. Does owning and renting out a home in New York State constitute doing business in New York State?
A: I would check with the Town Justice Court, but my guess is that if you list the address of the house (owner) and the address in NJ, you will get the case started, and the Landlord will appear
Q. If an licensed inspector inspects a home finds nothing wrong can the buyers still submit bill for repairs after closing?
A: Don't understand the question. If the house "closed" it closed, and the buyers would be fixing it themselves. If the contract called for certain repairs, then the Seller would be paying.
Q. Where can I find bar discipline records?
A: Pretty much only in reported cases from the Appellate Division.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Klose & Associates
Rockland County
99 Main St
Nyack, NY 10960
Telephone: (845) 727-7727
Fax: (845) 622-5200
Klose & Associates
Red Hook, NY, USA
Telephone: (845) 758-8871
Fax: (845) 622-5200
Klose & Associates
White Plains, NY, USA
Telephone: (914) 948-1008
Fax: (845) 622-5200