Free Consultation: (860) 527-6500Tap to Call This Lawyer
Salvatore Bonanno

Salvatore Bonanno

Law Offices of Salvatore Bonanno
  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Domestic Violence...
  • Connecticut
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Hartford Attorney Salvatore Bonanno has over 30 years experience as a litigation lawyer, focusing on the defense of clients facing criminal charges, DUI/DWI charges and domestic violence charges. Located directly in Hartford, Connecticut, we are conveniently located to meet with you and attend to any court matters that your case involves.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Domestic Violence
  • White Collar Crime
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
2nd Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. Supreme Court
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Italian: Spoken
  • Spanish: Spoken
Professional Experience
Attorney and Proprietor
Law Offices of Salvatore Bonanno
- Current
Lead attorney on criminal, DUI, domestic violence all other criminal cases.
DiPentima & Bonanno, PC
Partner in small office handling criminal matters, personal injury cases, insurance defense litigation, divorce litigation and real estate closings.
Associate Attorney
Alfano, Halloran & Flynn
Associate attorney handling criminal, civil, family litigation as well as real estate closings, etc.
Quinnipiac University School of Law
J.D. (1987) | Law
Quinnipiac University School of Law Logo
Fairfield University
B.A. (1983) | English
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Connecticut State Bar # 307111
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Connecticut Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Hartford County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Hartford County Bar Association
Co-Chair Criminal Justice Committee
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Legal Insights
Law Offices of Salvatore Bonanno
UConn Employee Accused of Awarding Husband Fellowship He Didn't Apply For Resigns
Fired Hartford Police Officer Wants His Job Back
Hartford Courant
Jury: Former Hartford Officer Not Guilty Of Jail Assault
Hartford Courant
Affidavits tie Price to sex, money
Speaking Engagements
Criminal Law on Law Talk, Criminal Law, "Law Talk" - WTIC 1080 AM
Hartford County Bar Association - Law Talk show
Radio call in show sponsored by the Hartford County Bar Association on live radio WTIC 1080AM.
Websites & Blogs
Check Out Our Website
Legal Insights
Legal Answers
10 Questions Answered

Q. How long does someone have to do in jail for not appearing to their halfway house when they'r supposed to?
A: It depends on what happens at court. If he's charged with escape, the consequences could be severe. If there's a good explanation as to why he didn't return on time, the matter could be resolved without any jail. Hard to tell. He needs to have an attorney representing him.
Q. What kind of charges do you get for a second dui?
A: You’re still charged with a dui; however, if you have a prior dui conviction, then the 2nd dui exposes you to 120-day mandatory minimum jail sentence and a felony conviction for the 2nd dui. Hire an experienced attorney to get the best chance to avoid jail.
Q. can i go to jail?
A: You can go to jail if the police arrest you; if not, then you’d be ok. DCF may begin an investigation because of they being in the house when you had this wanted man (with a firearm) in your house. Hire an attorney ASAP. Take care
Q. How doees the good Samaritan law in Connecticut work for overdose
A: Not sure I understand your question. Perhaps you can give some details that put your question in context.
Q. How to prove someone does not live with when a protective order prevents you from going home?
A: He has a few options. If he is the lawful owner of the residence, he can hire an attorney to begin an eviction process to lawfully remove the woman from his residence. If he is not the owner, then he should inform his landlord that the landlord needs her evicted, as he cannot enter the premises with her living there. He should offer to pay the landlord the cost of for the attorney handling such eviction. If the landlord refuses to act to evict her, he should hire an attorney to put the landlord on notice that your brother will stop paying rent until he has access to the apartment. He can also stay in constant contact with DCF (as is his right as the father) and keep pressure on DCF to try and get her to another residence.
Q. My friend is being verbally and physically abused by her husband who is in a wheelchair can he be arrested for abuse?
A: Absolutely. Assault or harassment is a crime, which carries prison time; particularly, if the victim is over the age of 60, or mentally or physically disabled. If the behavior does not stop, you need to notify someone who can prevent this abusive behavior.
Q. One of my conditons on probation are not being around minors, the judge won’t modify to see my son because I violated..
A: The can modify the conditions of probation; however, they often rely on the probation officer's (PO) recommendation. As a result, the PO had de facto control over what will or won't be modified. You need to secure a criminal defense attorney to reach out to the PO and prosecutor to attempt to resolve the issue by agreement, if possible. If not, the attorney can file a motion to modify the condition of probation. Also, if you had an attorney at the time you were placed on probation, you may want to contact that attorney first as he may have some insight from representing you previously.
Q. 19 years old and in school, under investigation, should he have an attorney? My son is accused of insighting peace?!
A: Your son must have a criminal defense attorney. If your son already went to the police and gave them a statement, that could be very problematic. He should not speak with the police without having a criminal defense attorney present with him.
Q. I have been charged with sales of a narcotic and they have video and audio
A: It’s difficult to properly respond without viewing the video myself. What you can do is ask your PD to ask the state how the state can prove it’s you that’s on the recording, and that it’s you that committed the offense. Perhaps they will realize how weak the recording is and drop or reduce the charges; alternatively, they may demonstrate to your PD other evidence beyond the recording itself that can convict you. Either way, you will know the facts, or lack of facts, against you. Good luck
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Law Offices of Salvatore Bonanno
67 Russ Street, 1st Floor
Hartford, CT 06106
Telephone: (860) 527-6500