Free Consultation: (352) 505-5878Tap to Call This Lawyer
Sabina Tomshinsky

Sabina Tomshinsky

  • Divorce, Family Law, Probate ...
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Attorney Sabina Tomshinsky has been practicing law since 2005 and is committed to finding effective resolutions to each client's unique legal needs. Ms. Tomshinsky is the owner of Home Town Law, P.A., where she provides knowledgeable, responsive client service in a broad spectrum of legal areas, including family law, estate planning, probate, landlord-tenant law and corporate law. She has dedicated her career to protecting the interests of individuals, families and businesses in North Central Florida. As a Gainesville, Florida resident for more than a decade, she is proud to address your legal issues and concerns in a creative and cost-effective manner.

Practice Areas
Contested Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
Estate Planning
Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
Landlord Tenant
Evictions, Landlord Rights, Tenants' Rights
Additional Practice Areas
  • Contracts; Leases
  • Homestead Determination
  • Evictions
  • Paternity; Relocation
  • Stepparent Adoption; Name Change Actions
  • Deeds; Wills; Trusts; Powers of Attorney
  • Domestication of Out-of-State Decrees
  • Pre & Post-Nuptial Agreements; Marital Settlement Agreements
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Landlord & Tenant ($75.00 Initial Consultation fee is required) Family Law/Divorce “Free Consultation” Probate/Estate Administration “Free Consultation” Business & Corporate Law “Free Consultation” Estate Planning & Trusts “Free Consultation” Homestead Determination “Free Consultation”
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Russian: Spoken, Written
University of Florida Levin College of Law
J.D. (2003)
Honors: Cum Laude
University of Florida Levin College of Law Logo
University of Miami
B.A. (1999)
Honors: Cum Laude
University of Miami Logo
Professional Associations
Florida State Bar  # 12188
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
The United Nations and Humanitarian Intervention: Building Legitimacy By Confronting Our Past–An Open Letter
Fla. J. Int'l L.
Speaking Engagements
The Probate Process from Start to Finish, Gainesville, Florida
National Business Institute (NBI, Inc.)
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
100 Questions Answered
Q. My 16 year old son came to me and said he doesn't want live with his mom anymore. Does he have a say?
A: No. However, should you pursue a modification action, you may also file a motion for the Court to authorize an in camera testimony of the minor child as to his preference. So a minor cannot just be brought to Court to express his time-sharing preference but a Court may allow such testimony based on a properly filed Motion. I suggest that you consult with an attorney on the best course of action after addressing all the pertinent facts. All the best.
Q. i have a child with someone in fl, in a new relationship and have a newborn. Can we move for a better job opportunity?
A: Based on your post, it appears that you will be able to move as the father of your first child has no rights to the child. However, please be aware that in the event he files a paternity action within 6 months of your move, you may be required to return the child to Florida.
Q. Can the father of my children take my kids without a court order?
A: Based on your post, by default you have all the time-sharing rights and all the decision-making authority over your children. Until the Father pursues an action for paternity, he has no rights to the children. Should the Father remove the children from your care, you should pursue an Emergency Verified Motion for Child Pick-Up Order. All the best.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Home Town Law, P.A.
Tower Hill Business Park
126 NW 76th Drive
Suite B
Gainesville, FL 32607
Telephone: (352) 505-5878
Fax: (352) 505-5713
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM (Today)
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed