Free Consultation: (352) 204-2224Tap to Call This Lawyer
Lauren Nagel Richardson

Lauren Nagel Richardson

Lauren Richardson Law, PLLC
  • Estate Planning, Elder Law, Family Law ...
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Lauren Richardson moved to Gainesville in 1993 to complete an LLM in Taxation at UF Law. Since then, she has focused her practice on protecting families and property through estate planning, guardianship, probate, special needs, and elder law. She also serves as co-counsel on wrongful death, personal injury and probate and trust litigation cases. Lauren's probate practice is Statewide. All other areas are throughout North Florida. Free phone consult. Reasonable fees.

Practice Areas
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Elder Law
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
    Nursing Home Abuse
    Medical Malpractice
    Birth Injury, Medical Misdiagnosis, Pharmacy Errors, Surgical Errors
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
  • Free Consultation
    Free office consultations in medical malpractice, personal injury, and wrongful death cases. Free phone consultation in all other areas of practice.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Other forms of payment: Checks Cash Money Order
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • French: Written
Professional Experience
Founding Attorney
Lauren Richardson Law, PLLC
- Current
Of Counsel to Bogin, Munns & Munns, P. A.
Continuing to provide affordable and compassionate legal services in estate planning, probate, guardianship and elder law in Gainesville and surrounding areas. Now with the support of a law firm with 12 offices in Central Florida and North Central Florida. Free phone consultations. Statewide Florida Probate. Flat fees for summary administration and some estate planning.
Founding Attorney
Lauren Richardson Law, PLLC
Serving North Florida in estate planning, probate, guardianship, elder law and some family law matters. Also probate administration Statewide. LLM in Taxation. 20 years experience. Welcoming and professional. I will meet you at your home, nursing home or hospital if you are unable to come to my office.
Knellinger, Jacobson & Associates
practicing probate administration Statewide and estate planning, probate, guardianship, wills, trusts, elder law, and some family law throughout North Florida.
University of Florida
LL.M. (1997) | Taxation
Tax Thesis: Private Inurement After the United Cancer Council Case
University of Florida Logo
Florida State University College of Law
J.D. (1993) | Law
Honors: Graduated Magna Cum Laude; Book Awards: Constitutional Law, Intellectual Property
Activities: President: National Association of Public Interest Lawyers
Placeholder image for education.
Rollins College
B.A. (1990) | Philosophy
Honors: Bruce Wavell Philosophy Prize; NEH Younger Scholars Award
Placeholder image for education.
Pro Bono Service Award
Three Rivers Legal Services/Southern Legal Counsel
Pro Bono Service Award
Three Rivers Legal Services, Inc.
Book Awards: Constitutional Law, Intellectual Property
Florida State University College of Law
Bruce Wavell Philosophy Prize
Rollins College
NEH Younger Scholars Award
National Endowment for the Humanities
research, writing and publication of paper, Russian Avant Garde Art and Relevant Scientific Theory
Professional Associations
The Florida Bar  # 0083119
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Eighth Judicial Circuit Bar Association
Board Member
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Florida Estate Planning Attorney | Wills | Lauren Richardson Law
Legal Answers
169 Questions Answered
Q. Once you are eligible for Florida Medicare can you live in any assisted living facility?
A: There is currently no Medicare benefit for assisted living. Assisted living is typically private pay unless you have long term care insurance. There is a Medicare benefit for rehab in a rehab hospital after a hospital stay and some home care visiting nurse or visiting rehab after a hospital stay. There is only a Medicaid waiver for assisted living if you qualify for Medicaid, get on a waiting list and there are actually Medicaid waiver funds available. It is first come, first serve, and not a guaranteed benefit. There is a Medicaid benefit for long term care in a skilled nursing facility for which you would have to apply for Medicaid and qualify.
Q. My mom died 2 years ago no will. She left us her house and car. No debts left. Do we need to probate?
A: Yes, you will need to open the estate or the property will remain in your mother's name. If two years have passed or if the property is homestead and is the only asset in the estate, then you can file for what is called a summary administration. Our office handles summary administration for a flat fee. We handle probate cases anywhere in Florida. You are welcome to give me a call for a free phone consultation.
Q. I am wondering what type of Deed do I need to transfer property into my name that I inherited? I live in Orlando Fl.
A: Having a will does not avoid the probate process. If a person in Florida dies owning real property in their individual name, then an heir or a person named in a will must file a petition to open a probate case. If the property was homestead property, then the judge will sign a homestead order which when recorded in the public records acts just like a deed. If the property was not homestead property, depending on the size of the estate, there will either be a different court order or a personal representative's deed to distribute the property out of the estate once all the steps of the probate case are completed. There are a lot of steps including notice to the heirs and notice to potential creditors before the property can be transferred out of the estate. If you are the proper person to open the estate (either you are the personal representative and the estate not including the homestead exceeds $75,000 (formal administration) OR you are the person to receive the property, it is homestead property, and there are no other assets exceeding $75,000 (summary administration), then you can be the person to hire the attorney and open the estate. If you would like to discuss this case in a free 15 minute phone consultation, then please give my office a call.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Lauren Richardson Law, PLLC
3620 NW 43rd Street
Suite B
Gainesville, FL 32606
Telephone: (352) 204-2224
Monday: 9 AM - 5:30 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5:30 PM (Today)
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5:30 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5:30 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5:30 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed