Profile Image Placeholder

Richard L. Shea

The Shea Law Firm
  • Divorce, Elder Law, Estate Planning
  • Connecticut, Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ABlawg SearchSocial Media

I work directly with my clients to provide practical solutions to their legal challenges. I am one of the few attorneys in Montgomery County active in the field of Collaborative Divorce, providing an alternative for parents of young children to get divorced without destroying their relationship with their kids.

Practice Areas
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Elder Law
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
The Shea Law Firm
- Current
Nirenstein, Horowitz & Associates
Professional Associations
National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Collaborative Law Institute of Texas
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Houston Nursing Home Guide
Websites & Blogs
Texas Title 19
The Woodlands Divorce Attorney, Conroe Divorce Attorney
Legal Answers
4 Questions Answered
Q. can I file a small estate affidavit on line
A: If the County you are filing in has e-filing, you should be able to.
Q. If my grandma signed an arbitration agreement with her nursing home but didn't understand it due to dementia, could that
A: It depends on the details. If the date of the agreement was on or after 11/28/16 and the nursing home participates in Medicaid then CMS prevents them from using arbitration agreements. If the details don't fit into that window, then it would depend on the facts surrounding execution of the agreement.
Q. mother passed away and had a will leaving home to me and my wife,but we aren't on the deed, what happens
A: The Court will formally appoint an Executor when you open the probate case. The Executor will sign a distribution deed per the terms of the Will.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
9595 Six Pines Drive
9595 Six Pines Drive
Suite 8210
The Woodlands, TX 77380
Telephone: (832) 592-7913