Board Certified attorney, certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Mr. Weaver has a focus on real estate law and complex business litigation, holding two board certifications: commercial real estate and residential real estate He has been engaged as an expert by the Office of the Attorney General of Texas. Businesses and families rely on him. Other Texas attorneys choose Mr. Weaver as their lawyer. He also built a real estate law firm where builders, developers, buyers, and sellers of real estate go when issues arise related to encroachment issues, easements, lien filing, lien removal, title disputes, and construction defects.
Title companies like Fidelity National Title and Stewart Title continue to engage him to prepare documents for closing including documents to clear title. He represents clients in alleged deed restriction violation matters and cases involving Property Owner's Associations. He enjoys assisting clients in redeeming real property after tax and HOA foreclosures.
Not only has Mr. Weaver been successful in representing people and businesses in real estate related cases, Mr. Weaver has experience in matters associated with the misappropriation, misuse and improper utilization of intellectual property / copyrighted property. Weaver has also represented large corporations in products litigation and injured plaintiffs in the prosecution of over 40 pharmaceutical products liability cases. As part of his litigation practice, he has represented both defendants and plaintiffs in wrongful death cases.
Mr. Weaver was born in San Antonio, Texas and obtained his Bachelor of Arts degree in English/Professional Writing from Baylor University. He then attended South Texas College of Law and received his Juris Doctorate.
Richard Weaver has consecutively been recognized by Super Lawyers and named a "Texas Rising Star" by Texas Monthly, a distinction that is afforded to no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state of Texas.
- Real Estate Law
- Business Law
- Construction Law
- Personal Injury
- Foreclosure Defense
- Insurance Claims
- Free Consultation
- The Weaver Law Firm
- Baylor University
- South Texas College Of Law
- Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- Top Lawyers
- Houstonia Magazine
- 2016 - 2014
- Rising Star
- Super Lawyers
- Texas State Bar # 24047083
- - Current
- Car accident preparation in Texas can reduce risk of legal issues
- US Politics Today
- Investor Planning after HOA foreclosure, The Seminar Solution
- Residential Real Estate Law
- Texas Board Of Legal Specialization
- Houston Legal Blog
- Why partner with a real estate attorney?
19 February 2020
- Exceptions to real estate AS-IS contract
10 December 2019
- Closing on a new home is easier said than done
20 November 2019
- Houston Swim Club Swimming Lessons Personal Injury?
8 November 2019
- How to effectively fight against your condo association
21 August 2019
- Can I adversely possess property with a fence?
8 July 2019
- Avoiding trial by consent in a property tax reimbursement case
8 July 2019
- What is “ouster” in Texas Adverse Possession case law?
8 July 2019
- When can you keep a tenant’s security deposit in Texas?
23 May 2019