“Assisting family members in disputes relative to the estates and trusts of their loved ones is rewarding. I provide clients with skilled representation in alternate dispute processes such as mediation, and in trial. Being part of a multidisciplinary team is essential in meeting the needs of our clients.”
Mr. Mighdoll is a 1973 graduate of the State University of New York at Stony Brook and received his Juris Doctor from the New England School of Law in Boston, Massachusetts in 1976. From 1976 to 1979, he served as an assistant public defender in Miami and West Palm Beach. Mr. Mighdoll was in private practice from 1979 to 1993 during which time he served as the attorney for two municipalities. From 1993 to 2012, as Chief of the Economic Crime and Crimes Against the Elderly Unit for the Office of the State Attorney for the Fifteenth Judicial Circuit, in Palm Beach County, Florida, he supervised a staff of attorneys prosecuting complex financial cases and protected the rights of elderly victims. He returned to private practice in 2012, specializing in probate, estate and trust litigation.
During his tenure as Chief of the Economic Crimes and Crimes Against the Elderly Unit he coordinated elder issue seminars for Palm Beach County law enforcement agencies. He has spoken on crimes against the elderly to many colleges and universities, state agencies and local organizations such as the Florida Attorney General’s Office’s Crime Prevention Training Institute, Illinois Department of Aging, University of Miami Training Institute on Aging and Disabilities, Stetson University College of Law, Area Agency on Aging, Alzheimer’s Association, and the National Center for Trial Advocacy in Columbia, South Carolina.
From 2007 to 2012, Mr. Mighdoll served on the Florida Department of Children and Families, Adult Protective Services Advisory Panel.
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Appeals & Appellate
- Will & Trust Creation
- Will Contests & Inheritance Disputes
- Probate & Trust Administration
- Probate & Trust Litigation
- Guardianship Litigation
- Medicaid Planning
- Special Needs Planning
- Powers of Attorney
- Advance Healthcare Directives
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- New England Law | Boston
- J.D. (1976) | Law
- Honors: Dean's List
- State University of New York - Stony Brook
- B.S. (1973) | Social Welfare
- Honors: Dean's List
- Florida State Bar
- Activities: Florida Bar’s Elder Law Section, Member Florida Bar’s Real Property & Trust Law Section, member
- Florida State Bar # 220124
- - Current
- Denial and Codependence in Domestic Violence by Adult Children on Their Elderly Parents, Marquette University Elder’s Advisor.
- Palm Beach County Program Works to Protect the Elderly, The Florida Bar News.
- Prosecuting Crimes Against the Elderly While Addressing The Victim’s Loss of Autonomy, Marquette University Elder’s Advisor.
- Task Force on Elderly Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation: The Palm Beach County Experience, Journal on Victimization of the Elderly and Disabled.
- Kitroser & Associates
- North Palm Beach Estate Planning Lawyer | Palm Beach County Probate Law
- How to Begin the Estate Planning Process
2 April 2018
- What is a Successor Trustee in Estate Planning?
7 March 2018
- Estate Planning for Women
27 February 2018
- WHAT IS A PERSONAL FIDUCIARY?
22 December 2017
- WHAT IS PROBATE?
15 December 2017
- Things to Consider When Naming a Trustee
6 September 2017
- What Happens to an Estate Plan During a Divorce?
6 August 2017
- Understanding the Importance of Estate Planning for Millennials
9 July 2017
- Estate Planning and How to Protect Digital Assets
16 June 2017