Free Consultation: (212) 608-7778Tap to Call This Lawyer
Peter Briskin

Peter Briskin

Law Office of Peter Briskin P.C.
  • Personal Injury, Traffic Tickets, Medical Malpractice...
  • New Jersey, New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Law Office of Peter Briskin represents victims of accidents in New Jersey and New York City as well as New York State. Our practice is limited to people injured in car, motorcycle and truck accidents as well as people injured in slip and fall accidents, dog bites and medical malpractice.

We provide free consultations whether your accident was catastrophic or minor, providing the same level of service regardless of severity.

Our office is completely electronic and utilizes the latest technology from communication to investigation and preparation.

We are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week to answer your questions!

Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Nursing Home Abuse
  • Immigration Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
    Contingent fee is consistent with state law depending on where your accident occurred.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
New York
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Russian: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Law Office of Peter Briskin P.C.
- Current
Fishbeyn & Briskin, LLC
Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center
J.D. (2006) | Law
Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center Logo
The College of New Jersey
B.S. (2002) | Finance
Placeholder image for education.
Peer Reviewed
Rising Star
Super Lawyers
Professional Associations
New Jersey Association for Justice
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
New Jersey State Bar # 023372006
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Why to Contact an Attorney Quickly if You’re Injured in an Accident
FNB Legal Blog
Websites & Blogs
Law Office of Peter Briskin, P.C. - Accident Lawyer
Legal Answers
18 Questions Answered

Q. Can a 14 year old beat up a 10 year old
A: Great question!
Q. I was injured in a slip and fall in 2016 Coming up on 4 yrs is that good or bad it’s taking so long
A: So sorry to hear you were injured. I have some more questions about your case. Feel free to contact me to discuss.
Q. I was injured in an auto accident on January 7, 2019, It was clearly not my fault, as indicated in the police report.
A: Generally, when injured in an automobile accident which would be venued in the State of NJ you have two years to file a lawsuit after which your claim would be time-barred. In the event a governmental entity is at fault this time-frame is severely decreased and also imposes other notice requirements upon the claimant. You should consult with an attorney who specializes/limits their practice to representing individuals who are injured due to someone else's negligence.
Q. My daughter was hit by A car while crossing the street she had the light was in the crosswalk he was turning
A: Absolutely, you can sue. Whether or not you will prevail depends on a number of factors. It is important that you do not discuss the claim with any insurance companies. You should speak to a personal injury attorney first who will take care of all your concerns so that you may focus on your child's recovery. ! I can be reached any time to discuss your daughter's accident and most importantly I wish her a speedy recovery!
Q. Who will be sued in case of slip/fall, owner of property or tenant who should remove snow as required by lease contract?
A: It depends on type of property, exactly where the person fell and what caused specifically what caused the fall.
Q. I was watching a friends dog and took them outside some kids started yelling and he got scared broke free and bit one
A: Most likely given the basic facts you provided you will not be facing jail time. If there is any concern for exposure it may be in the context of a civil lawsuit, but even then the likelihood of success on the part of a plaintiff would depend on additional facts you have not presented.
Q. I was intoxicated while I was assaulted, drove away to flee danger, can i press charges? Friend attempted to kill me.
A: You can go to your local police department and report the crime.
Q. Does the 21 days stated in 5003-a include holidays or no?
A: Could be any or all of the above. Best thing for you to do is to call your attorney and inquire.
Q. I feel my attorney is negligent in his representation of my case. Can I change attorneys?
A: There are a number of questions I have concerning your accident. I can assist you if you give me a call at (212) 608-7778. Peter Briskin
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
225 Broadway
Suite 1012
New York, NY 10007
Telephone: (212) 608-7778
Fax: (908) 279-7979
Main Office
22-01 Broadway
Fair Lawn, NJ 07410
Telephone: (908) 279-7979
Fax: (908) 279-7979
972 Broad Street Suite 602
Newark, NJ 07102
Telephone: (908) 279-7979