Free Consultation: (513) 985-2500Tap to Call This Lawyer
Paul Kellogg

Paul Kellogg

Estate Planning Attorney and Business Law | Protecting Family. Serving Business.
  • Business Law, Estate Planning, Probate ...
  • Ohio
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

For over 20 years Paul has helped individuals and businesses with a variety of personal and business transactions. Individuals come to Paul for assistance with wills, trusts, estate planning, probate, and residential real estate transactions, while his business clients utilize his experience to provide guidance with business strategy, contract drafting and negotiation, mergers and acquisitions, trademarks, corporate governance, and licensing. Many of Paul’s business clients see him as their outside general counsel.

Prior to joining Phillips Law Firm, Inc. Paul served as the Vice President and General Counsel for two privately held companies and as the Director of Estate and Business Planning for the Cincinnati office of Northwestern Mutual. These experiences allow him to provide proactive advice and counsel to individuals, families, entrepreneurs, and privately held businesses and their owners.

Paul is a life-long Cincinnati resident, having grown up in West Chester, Ohio and attended Cincinnati Moeller High School. Paul went on to study communications at Ohio University, where he met his wife Karen, graduating Cum Laude. After graduating from Ohio University Paul went on to the University of Dayton School of Law where his studies focused on business law, probate and estate planning.

Paul and his wife currently live in West Chester with their three children. In his time away from the office Paul enjoys exercising, bicycling, fishing, playing golf and traveling with his family.

Practice Areas
  • Business Law
  • Estate Planning
  • Probate
  • Real Estate Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa, Mastercard, American Express
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Phillips Law Firm, Inc.
- Current
V.P / General Counsel
BPN, Inc.
V.P / General Counsel
Fathead, Inc.
University of Dayton School of Law
J.D. (1993)
University of Dayton School of Law Logo
Ohio University
B.S. (1989) | Communications
Honors: Cum Laude
Ohio University Logo
Professional Associations
Ohio State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Cincinnati Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Probate 101 , Northeast Lawyers Club , Cincinnati, Ohio
Legal Technicality
Who Can I Appoint as Trustee , CBA - Advanced Estate Planning Insitute
Split Dollar Life Insurance , CBA - Advanced Estate Planning Insitute
Legal Answers
11 Questions Answered

Q. Is you have a shared bank account with your wife can you leave the money in it to your kids in your will?
A: It is very settled law in Ohio that joint bank account passes to the surviving joint owner in the event of the death of the other co-owner. The account does not pass through probate and is not controlled by the terms of the will.
Q. My Grandpa's will states that he left me his house, can the executor take the house and sell it to pay his debts?
A: The short answer is yes. If there are not other assets in the estate that are sufficient to pay all the debts the house will need to be sold to pay the bills.
Q. My husband died. I need to live on money in 401k. What is considered his estate?
A: As his spouse, his 401(k) should pass directly to you as the beneficiary. Federal law requires a spouse to be the beneficiary of their husband or wife's 401(k), unless you signed a waiver. If you owned the house as joint tenants with rights of survivorship, the house will automatically transfer to you and you can do as you see fit. If the house was either solely in your husband's name or in joint names without survivorship, you will need to open an estate in your local probate court to sell the house.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Phillips Law Firm, Inc.
9521 Montgomery Road
Cincinnati, OH 45242
Telephone: (513) 985-2500
Fax: (513) 985-2503