Free Consultation: (732) 646-5529Tap to Call This Lawyer
Paul J. Riviere

Paul J. Riviere

Singer Riviere Law Group
  • Business Law, Workers' Compensation, Bankruptcy...
  • New Jersey
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Our firm is a litigation team of New Jersey Lawyers that provides unmatched personal service for your legal matters. Our lawyers have represented companies ranging from small business to Fortune 500. Our firm has real trial experience and we provide great results. Our track record and customer reviews exemplify that our team of lawyers are committed to your success in the NJ Courts. We look forward to being the lawyer you deserve and fighting hard to win your case! Contact us today for a free consultation.

Practice Areas
  • Business Law
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Bankruptcy
  • Criminal Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Singer Riviere Law Group
St. Thomas University School of Law
Activities: Certified Legal Intern Miami-Dade Public Defenders Office
West Virginia University
B.A. | International Studies
Professional Associations
New Jersey State Bar
New Jersey Association for Justice (NJ Trial Lawyers)
Monmouth County Bar Association
National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
Hayden Proctor Inn of Court
Websites & Blogs
Riviere Advocacy Group LLC Website
New Jersey Business Lawyers
Legal Answers
34 Questions Answered

Q. Is there any legal issues if you set up a 50/50 LLC in NJ and in the first year the K-1 shows unequal capital accounts?
A: The IRS will value the interests as per the K1. Your final capital account sum is reflection of what that member's taxable gain would be if the interest were sold. Speak to a tax professional, as well as, a lawyer.
Q. I recently opened a business with 2 other partners, they are husband and wife. We each own 33% of the company.
A: You have to get counsel and get them to the table to put together an agreement going forward. If they are not acting within their fiduciary duties (duty of loyalty and the duty of care) to you, you may have to go to court to get this accomplished. Spend some money now to avoid spending much more later.
Q. How should equity be divided among co-founders of a start-up?
A: Your question is not so much legal and more so a business decision. Perhaps it will be Pro rata to the initial Capital contributions or investment of each stakeholder? Perhaps it will be structured where one partner or member putting up all the cash and the other partner contributing Sweat Equity? However you decide to determine the stakeholders interest it is important that you have an attorney draft a shareholders agreement, operating agreement, or partnership agreement which memorializes your intentions.
Q. Can a father voluntary give up his parental rights in NJ, giving sole custody to the mother, if both parties agree?
A: Without someone waiting to step into the father's shoes and adopt the child, the father cannot just walk away from his legal ties to the child or his obligation to pay child support. However, with the help of an attorney the parties can have a Consent Order prepared giving the mother sole custody of the child. Father is still legally obligated to pay child support.
Q. My partner made a bad decision on behalf of our business and
A: Depends on your structure. Were you formed as an GP, LP or LLP. If you were a general partner, then yes you may be on the hook. Get in touch with a Lawyer who knows business law. They will be able to look over your structure and governing documents to determine what your exposure is or isn't.
Q. Can a NJ establishment that holds a plenary retail consumption license and restricted brewery license ship to consumers?
A: Plenary Retail Consumption License ("33")? This license permits the sale of alcoholic beverages for consumption on the licensed premises by the glass or other open container. The license also allows the sale of package goods for consumption off the licensed premises. These sales of package goods, however, may only take place from the principal public barroom, and the package goods may only be displayed for sale on the premises' perimeter walls or behind the bar, unless a floor plan was approved by the Director prior to the late 1970's and that floor plan is available for inspection. (N.J.A.C. 13:2-35.1, et seq .) When this license is granted, no other commercial activity may take place on the licensed premises except for certain activities such as the operation of a restaurant, hotel, or bowling establishment or the sale of snack or certain other items specifically mentioned in the statute. (N.J.S.A. 33:1-12.) 1. Yes. 2. Yes. 3. Yes, to a licensed distribution or retail network that would ultimately sell it to consumer. This is an answer based on the little information provided. You need to get an attorney to have an in depth legal analysis of what is that you seek in your enterprise.
Q. Can a Brewpub in NJ sell beer online?
A: No. Only wine. With the the necessary license.
Q. Business started in England, but now expanding - how do we set it up in New Jersey?
A: Simple answer is that you are required to register your foreign company with the state of New Jersey if your business is transacting business here in New Jersey. Speak to an attorney to get the details specific to your needs.
Q. what was requirement to desolve a corporation in 1998 in new jersey
A: If it was an LLC then it is not a complex process. An LLC formed prior to March 20, 2013 may simply be canceled (closed). This takes place by filing the required cancellation form with the New Jersey Department of Treasury. You will also, need to file tax returns and pay any outstanding taxes due as a result of the LLC’s operations up to the date of its formal cancellation. Dissolving another form of Corporation is more in depth.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Jackson Office
19 North County Line Road
STE 14
Jackson, NJ 08527
Telephone: (732) 646-5529