Free Consultation: (904) 383-7261Tap to Call This Lawyer
Patrick Korody

Patrick Korody

Aggressive Military and Criminal Defense Lawyer.
  • Military Law, Criminal Law, Family Law...
  • Florida, Maryland, Middle District of Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Attorney Patrick Korody spent 10 years on active duty in the Navy JAG Corps, where he served as a military and federal prosecutor, military defense counsel, and crime victims' rights attorney. He deployed to Iraq in 2007 where he presented cases to Iraqi judges in Iraqi courts. He served as the special victims' prosecutor for the Navy in the Northwest Region of the United States and received advanced litigation and trial training through the military. He used his experience, service, and training to achieve outstanding results for his clients as a civilian attorney.

Practice Areas
  • Military Law
  • Criminal Law
  • Family Law
  • Personal Injury
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    Personal Injury Cases
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Middle District of Florida
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
11th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Military Courts-Worldwide
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Lieutenant Commander, Judge Advocate
U.S. Navy
Certified Specialist II in Military Justice by the Judge Advocate General of the Navy.
Summer Clerk
Baker Hostetler
Legal Intern
Naval Criminal Investigative Service
Ohio State University - Columbus
J.D. (2005)
Honors: WIth Honors. Order of the Coif.
Activities: Associate Editor, Law Review.
Ohio State University - Columbus Logo
Amherst College
B.A. (2000)
Honors: Cum Laude.
Placeholder image for education.
Outtanding Navy Legal Professional
Kitsap County Bar Association and Navy League
Professional Associations
Ohio State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jacksonville Beach Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Florida Assication of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Placeholder image for professional associations.
The Florida Bar # 0107361
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Court-Martial Advocacy: Trying the Military Case
Thomson West Legal Solutions
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
45 Questions Answered

Q. Do you lose any benefits after 20 years active duty if you retirement in lieu of elimination?
A: You really need to talk an attorney if you are asking yourself this question. That is a lot of money to not be sure of the consequences.
Q. I completed MEPS, took the oath and shipped out for bootcamp. I changed my mind at the airport now what?
A: You may be considered UA. Or they may have simply separated you. You should contact your recruiter to resolve the situation, or hire a lawyer to act as an intermediary.
Q. Can my friend’s Medical retirement benefits be taken away for fraternization while he was in the Army?
A: Technically, yes. If you are receiving pay, including retired pay, you can be recalled to active duty to be court-martialed for crimes, including fraternization, that occurred on active duty and are still within the statute of limitations (5 years for Art 92 violations). Realistically the Secretary of the Army is not going to recall anyone over fraternization allegations.
Q. Can you go back to court to get alimony changed on the divorce decree? She gets 50% of his military retirement.
A: Alimony and military retirement are generally two different concepts. Alimony is spousal support while military retirement is property division. However, there are arguments that when a spouse starts receiving military retirement, the need for spousal support decreases. Spousal support is generally based on need and ability to pay. if the need and ability to pay has changed, a modification may be warranted. You should consult with a divorce attorney in the state/city where the divorce occurred.
Q. My son went AWOL in 1/15 from Fort Bragg Military base.He was just arrested on 2/18, for damage to private property
A: He will be picked up my the military and taken back to his current unit, which may not be the unit he went AWOL from. He will get credit for the days in confinement starting when a detainer was placed on him for the military - meaning from the day he would have been released but for the military warrant.
Q. If my mpo is expired and I haven’t signed a new one or been notified of a new mpo. What does that mean
A: As long as the MPO has expired, and you have not received a new one, then there is no MPO in place. However, it wouldn't be wise to make contact with the protected person, as that often leads to a new report of harassment/stalking/abuse and another MPO.
Q. I was discharged Honorably after 9.5 years of service due to PRT failures with a medical condition. Was it justified?
A: This a complex issue - I have fought it before. You can apply to the Board of Corrections alleging that you should have been, based on your condition, referred to the PEB, and ask them to refer you to the PEB. If you get to the PEB, the PEB will determine whether you are fit or unfit and should be medically retired.
Q. How likely is it to upgrade my military discharge from General Under Honorable to Honorable?
A: Generally speaking, if a discharge review board grants an upgrade based on a separation processing issue, they will change the narrative as well. If the narrative reason was correct, then they won't change the reason. You have the burden to demonstrate the characterization were unjust or inequitable.
Q. My pov was taken as well as the key, and was dammaged 500+ in damages, pictures of mistreatment. Can he take it?
A: You can file a claim under the UCMJ or under federal law. Go see the base legal assistance/claims office. You can also file an 1150 complaint against the gunny.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
118 W. Adams Street
Suite 500
Telephone: (904) 383-7261