I am an experienced Florida Criminal Defense Attorney serving Duval, Clay, Nassau and St. Johns Counties primarily. I am committed to defending the rights of the accused. My criminal law practice is 100% devoted to criminal defense. I have defended thousands of clients throughout my career and prosecuted none. Zero. Unlike former prosecutors, I have never worked a single day to send anyone to jail or prison. Police will say protecting the streets isn’t a 9-to-5 job. Neither is protecting your rights. If you or a loved one is arrested, you expect immediate response. And I am here to give it to you: 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Choosing a Jacksonville Criminal Defense Lawyer is an important decision, not only because your freedom is at stake, but because a criminal conviction can affect the rest of your life. Not all Jacksonville Criminal Attorneys are trial lawyers and it is crucial to ask a potential criminal defense attorney about their specific trial experience. When your life is at stake, experience is essential. Ask the prospective attorney whether or not they were the "first chair" in previous trials. A "first chair" is the primary attorney in a trial who develops the theory of your case, prepares the case for trial, argues any motions, cross-examines all witnesses and fights for your innocence. Not all criminal cases end in a trial, but you need to have that option and you need to have a lawyer prepared to go to trial.
I represent people charged with all felonies, misdemeanors and municipal ordinance violations in Florida, with an emphasis on Northeast Florida. There are many crimes on can be arrested for, including theft crimes, sex crimes, violent crimes, domestic violence crimes, child abuse crimes and DUI.
- Criminal Law
- Domestic Violence
- DUI & DWI
- Juvenile Law
- Free Consultation
- The Mussallem Law Firm, P.A.
- - Current
- Stetson University College of Law
- J.D. | Law
- Jacksonville University
- Honors: International Business Student Scholarship Award Departmental Honors in International Business.
- Most County Court Trials - "Trial God Award"
- Office of the Public Defender, Duval County
- Florida State Bar # 495999
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (FACDL)
- Lecture at World Ethics Class, Ethics and Criminal Defense, FSCJ, Kent Campus
- Criminal Defense, Florida Coastal School of Law
- Victoria Mussallem's Website Profile
- The Mussallem Law Firm, P.A. Website
- Jacksonville Criminal Defense Attorney Blog
- Man arrested in Duval County for tying victim to car and dragging victim behind
2 October 2019
- Man arrested in Jacksonville after allegedly taking video of young boy in bathroom
14 August 2019
- Man already in prison for a sex charge arrested for sexual battery in Jacksonville
23 May 2019
- Jacksonville firefighter charged with child abuse in Duval County
3 April 2019
- Roofer brothers arrested in Duval County on charges of organized fraud
7 February 2019
- Teacher in Duval County arrested for sex charges
24 September 2018
- Jacksonville Jaguar football player’s domestic battery disposition will stand
26 April 2018
- Man arrested in Duval County for allegedly filming woman in shower
22 February 2018
- Arrested juveniles in Jacksonville not being prosecuted as adults as much as in prior administration
10 January 2018