Mr. Daniel S. Schleck
- Construction Law, Environmental Law, Real Estate Law ...
Daniel S. Schleck’s varied career has involved many areas of transactional law including environmental law and policy; renewable energy projects; commercial real estate development; financing and corporate matters; municipal and land use law; and eminent domain proceedings. More specifically, Mr. Schleck has experience in structuring complex transactions and financing packages for all aspects of property development. He has successfully secured significant public grant funds including TIF, PACE and TBRA funds for clients that choose to redevelop contaminated property—using these funds in creative and successful financing structures. As a former city attorney for Mendota Heights, Minnesota, Dan’s unique perspective allows him to add value when negotiating development agreements, including tax Increment financing with municipalities. Dan’s technical and hands-on experience developing projects, cleaning up contaminated sites and utilizing complex financing structures, has given him a deep understanding of clients’ issues and needs in these area.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Dan worked as an environmental and chemical engineer utilizing his skills and background to provide project management to many hazardous waste site clean-up projects for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, various state environmental agencies, and private companies. Having been involved in planning, pricing and project management for these various agencies, Mr. Schleck uses his experience to deliver solutions to clients in a timely, cost effective and measurable manner.
Dan was admitted to the bar in 1995 after graduating from Chicago Kent College that same year. He is a licensed professional engineer in Wisconsin, and has received certifications as a hazardous materials manager and environmental specialist. Dan is a frequent lecturer at numerous continuing education classes and seminars.
- Construction Law
- Construction Contracts, Construction Defects, Construction Liens, Construction Litigation
- Environmental Law
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
- Gov & Administrative Law
- Administrative Law, Election Law, Government Contracts, Government Finance, Legislative & Government Affairs
- Energy, Oil & Gas Law
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
On occasion depending on facts and sepcifics of case.
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology
- J.D. (1995) | General Law
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Activities: Special Certificate in Environmental and Land Use Law
- University of Wisconsin - Madison
- B.S. (1987) | Chemical Engineering
- St. Thomas College of Law
- Adjunct Professor of Environmental Law
- - Current
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Chair of Environmental, Natural Resources and Energy Law Section
- Dan Schleck Profile