Monica Miguel Cabrera

Monica Miguel Cabrera

Monica Miguel Cabrera, P.A.
  • Family Law, Divorce, Arbitration & Mediation ...
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Monica Miguel Cabrera helps divorcing parents remain active and present in their children’s lives.

In July of 2013, Monica launched Monica Miguel Cabrera, P.A. (“MMC”) with the vision of helping folks from all walks of life to reach their most basic goals: to be present for their families, successfully sell and/or purchase their homes, and protect their assets for the future. Since then, Monica has helped countless clients in the following areas of practice:

Child Custody
Child Support
Real Estate Sales and Purchases

Monica will work individually with each client to determine the client’s long-term goals and ensure that all steps taken are aligned with achieving those goals. After having worked in larger firms where clients were just a number, Monica designed the firm to be client-centered and client-driven. Monica is actively involved in all of the firm’s cases from start to finish.

Prior to her admission to the Florida Bar, Monica worked as a legal assistant and as a title closer in local law firms. She earned her Juris Doctor from the University of Miami and her Bachelor of Business Administration from Florida International University. In her free time, she loves her family’s camping adventures in their RV, reading personal development books, boating and all things Disney.

Practice Areas
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Arbitration & Mediation
    Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
The Florida Bar
ID Number: 26578
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Monica Miguel Cabrera, P.A.
- Current
Managing Attorney, Title and First Legal
Morales Law Group
Gables Legal Group
Spear & Hoffman
Title Resolution Attorney
Ben-Ezra & Katz, P.A.
Del Villar & Miguel, P.A.
University of Miami School of Law
J.D. (2005)
University of Miami School of Law Logo
Florida International University
B.B.A. (2002) | Finance
Florida International University Logo
Professional Associations
The Florida Bar  # 0026578
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Membership Co-Chair
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Certified Family Mediator
Florida Supreme Court
Websites & Blogs
Monica Miguel Cabrera, P.A.
Legal Answers
4 Questions Answered
Q. A man I never married signed my son's birth cirtificate at his birth. My Petition for DNA was denied.
A: This means that the petition filed by the man is going before the judge to be heard. You should be prepared with your own evidence with regard to the case. I would recommend retaining the services of an attorney if you are not comfortable with representing yourself in court.
Q. I have questions about this child support issue, my husband received a letter from court that the child support would
A: Your husband definitely needs to respond to the request for child support to continue. Usually, child support beyond age 18-19 is reserved for children who have special needs that require parental support beyond the age of majority. There should be a hearing scheduled on that motion (what you're calling a "submit"), and your husband should attend and have his response prepared. I recommend seeking the assistance of a family law attorney with this issue.
Q. Want can be done if ex spouse refuses to sign sale of home papers and how fast can a judgment be made?
A: In order to properly answer your question, a review of your marital settlement agreement and final judgment is required. If the house is properly addressed in there, then you can file enforcement documents in your divorce case. I would recommend having an attorney review your documents and help you.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Monica Miguel Cabrera, P.A.
7750 SW 117th Avenue
Suite 206
Miami, FL 33183
Telephone: (305) 912-6609