Free Consultation: (404) 354-5432Tap to Call This Lawyer
Michael Richard Moebes

Michael Richard Moebes

Let us help you get your life back after an injury.
  • Workers' Compensation, Personal Injury
  • Georgia
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Georgia workers' compensation attorney with experience defending insurance companies and employers now representing injured workers and veterans.

Practice Areas
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Personal Injury
Additional Practice Areas
  • Veterans Disability
  • Car Accidents
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Korean: Spoken
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
founding partner
Moebes Law, LLC
- Current
Georgia State University College of Law
J.D. (2003)
Georgia State University College of Law Logo
University of Alabama - Tuscaloosa
B.S. | Commerce and Business Administration
University of Alabama - Tuscaloosa Logo
Professional Associations
Georgia State Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
13 Questions Answered

Q. Injury at work in Sept 2018. Put on workers comp and in Nov 2018, a doctor said I required surgery. Claim denied.
A: You're represented, so you should sort this out with your attorney. If calls and emails aren't working, show up and talk to him/her to come up with a plan of action. I'm assuming you're working with someone who does a lot of mass advertising, so you may be one of thousands of cases the firm handles, so it'll be hard to get attention unless you demand it.
Q. If the PPD payments are straight math then why do we hear of insurance offering more to settle and close?
A: Because getting paid PPD does not end your case, but settling it does. These are two different calculations.
Q. WC (GA) adjuster offered settlement but want resignation? If not must rtw. Does this mean no settlement?
A: I'm a bit confused, as there are several questions here, but they're allowed (and almost always do this) to ask you to resign if you settle the case. If you don't, yes, they can create a light duty job for you to do so you can return there to work and stop getting weekly checks from workers' comp.
Q. How is a worker's earning capacity calculated for the purposes of obtaining workers' comp benefits?
A: Add up the weekly wage for the 13 full weeks worked before the injury and divide by 13. There are other methods for workers who were there fewer than 13 full weeks before the injury.
Q. I got terminated for non disclosure of a back issue, while reporting a hip/pelvic injury. Can I get workers comp?
A: Yes, you can get workers' comp benefits.
Q. Hello, I got hurt at work. It required 2 surgeries. Is there a pay bracket to go by for a settlement?
A: No, because there are several factors at play when trying to resolve a case via settlement; there is no "pay bracket." You should get a workers' comp attorney to help you.
Q. I was in a wreck on the job I'm a courier . Didn't receive claim# till 2 weeks later to do follow up..what can I do?
A: Probably so, yes, but we'd need more information. There should be a list of doctors you can see; ask for that right away and get a workers' comp attorney to help you pick a good one.
Q. WC Attorney wants me to sign an agreement which allows them to charge me money if they quit the case - is that normal?
A: Yes, that’s normal. It’s in case the need arises to file a lien. Otherwise, it’s a contingency contract; the lawyer never gets paid unless you do. No, you’re not goong to find someone who is going to want to help you for free. All the contracts are approved by the State Board of Workers’ Compensation, so there is some oversight.
Q. I am a FL resident, truck driver for a company based in GA. What state laws would I follow for WC?
A: It depends on where your accident occurred. Hopefully, in Georgia. Georgia‘s laws are much better for injured workers and our Florida’s.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
midtown Atlanta office
1201 West Peachtree Street
Suite 2329
Atlanta, GA 30309
Telephone: (404) 354-5432
Fax: (404) 475-3046