• Very experienced litigator (over 100 jury trials) who teaches trial skills to lawyers and law students
o Representation in False Claims Act cases; Business and Commercial Litigation cases; Health Care Fraud cases; Environmental cases; Securities law cases; Tax cases; Trade Fraud cases; and other complex litigation matters
o Representation in Internal Investigations
o Representation in Corporate Governance matters
• Part-time academic and widely published
• Editor-in-chief of two legal treatises: one about pharmaceutical and medical device law; the other about corporate criminal liability
• Past Chair of the ABA Health Law Section
• Past Chief of the Criminal Division, U.S. Attorney’s Office, Southern District of Texas
• Past Section Chief of the Financial Crimes Division, U.S. Attorney’s Office, Southern District of Texas
• Recognized by SuperLawyers and Best Lawyers, among other peer reviewed attorney ranking services.
• LL.M. degrees in Tax and Health Law
• Board Certified in Criminal Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
• Featured speaker for various professional audiences
• Trained arbitrator in health law
• Expert witness in health law cases.