Free Consultation: (212) 721-5300Tap to Call This Lawyer
Michael David Siegel

Michael David Siegel

Siegel & Siegel, P.C.
  • Business Law, Bankruptcy, Real Estate Law...
  • New Jersey, New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Check out my background at my website,

Practice Areas
  • Business Law
  • Bankruptcy
  • Real Estate Law
  • Foreclosure Defense
  • Probate
  • Education Law
  • Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
New York
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Owner and Partner
Siegel & Siegel, P.C.
- Current
McCarter & English LLP
Milbank Tweed Hadley & McCloy LLP
University of Chicago
J.D. (1990) | Law
University of Chicago Logo
Columbia University
M.A. (1987) | Political Science
Columbia University Logo
University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
B.A. (1986) | Political Science and History
Honors: Summa Cum Laude Martha Barrett Prize for highest GPA in History
University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign Logo
Professional Associations
New York State Bar # 2372258
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
1779 Questions Answered

Q. In NYS Can a bank just add defendant(s) to a foreclosure action who were not involved in the mortgage?
A: No. They need to be in there to eliminate any claim of tenancy.
Q. i am trying to probate my aunts estate/property. Can i be assigned admin. her son is unresponsive to me. I am from NY
A: Yes, you can apply, but it is better if your mother applies. You will have to serve all closer kin, and if they want it by appearing in court, they will get it.
Q. Is a live-in companion who provides health care services considered a tenant?
A: Not only is it legal, it is correct.
Q. In a probate deposition of the will's witnesses is the attorney hired by the executor permitted to question witnesses?
A: Absolutely. That is how it works. It is called a 1404 examination.
Q. I live in NY, I am married and purchasing a home mortgage and deed in my name only. My husband owes a premarital debt
A: No, unless the money is coming from him. If so, there is a technical legal argument that is unlikely to happen that could be used against you.
Q. I am contesting my dads will and have to file an objection i do not have an attorney and am not sure how to proceed
A: Honestly, you cannot do this without an attorney. If there is enough worth fighting over, there is enough to pay an attorney. The manner of proceeding is in the SCPA.
Q. Am I able to sue or do anything about this situation?
A: If it is in writing you have a case. If not, you do not.
Q. I gave my full name, address, e-mail, and credit card number to phone scammer. Do I need to contact the IRS and police?
A: You did enough. If you did not give your social security number too, you are fine. Cancelling the card is sufficient. There has been no crime yet, so the police would not get involved. The IRS has nothing to do with this.
Q. How should I proceed?
A: You are supposed to pay the rent. However, practically, you cannot be evicted any quicker.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
One Penn Plaza
Suite 2414
New York, NY 10119
Telephone: (212) 721-5300
Fax: (212) 947-9967