Matthew Lane Kreitzer

Matthew Lane Kreitzer

Virginia Divorce and Bankruptcy lawyer located in Winchester, VA.
  • Divorce, Traffic Tickets, Criminal Law...
  • Virginia
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Hi, I'm Matthew.

I approach the practice of law with a focus on helping my clients understand an often complicated legal system. Working collaboratively allows me to anticipate my clients' needs, while also aiding my clients by providing them an informed view of all the potential dangers and rewards of each unique case. My primary practice areas are Divorce, Child Custody, Trusts & Wills and Bankruptcy. However, I also provide legal support for small businesses looking to incorporate, resolve disputes with employees or review potential contracts and business transactions.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Criminal Law
  • Estate Planning
  • DUI & DWI
  • Bankruptcy
  • Landlord Tenant
  • Employment Law
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    The fees I set are based upon factors set out by Virginia law, and include considerations such as the complexity of the case and the type of work that will have to be performed on the case.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
4th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Chinese
  • English
Professional Experience
Matthew L. Kreitzer, Attorney at Law
- Current
Lawson & Silek
Associate Attorney
Booth & McCarthy
The Andrews Law Firm
Legal Assistant
Crouch & Crouch PLC
William & Mary Marshall-Wythe School of Law
J.D. (2013) | Family Law
William & Mary Marshall-Wythe School of Law Logo
10 Best
American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
Professional Associations
Virginia State Bar # 87722
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
To Have and to Hold After Obergefell
Virginia bar Association
Speaking Engagements
Guardian ad Litem Seminar, Winchester, VA
Virginia State Bar
Hosted an online development seminar regarding guardian ad litem duties.
Guardian ad Litem
Supreme Court of Virginia
Legal Answers
159 Questions Answered

Q. My baby is nine months old his father sells drugs and prior convictions pwid and court ordered anger management domest
A: Insufficient information to determine what the likely outcome will be. What you need to do is schedule a consultation with a local child custody lawyer to discuss every fact available. Custody decisions are made on single facts alone. The lawyer will have several questions for you to determine your likelihood of success and what type of visitation, if any, would be given.
Q. If I turn off MY credit card that my husband uses, before being legally separated, is that financial abuse.
A: Financial abuse, no. Marital waste? Yes. Will it harm your divorce? Yes. Consult a lawyer before taking any action.
Q. Will i be able to get full custody?
A: There are several questions that a lawyer would have before being able to answer your question including, but not limited to, who the donor for the child was, whether there was any contract entered into between the parties, and whether there was a court involved with her grandmother. There is not enough information to answer your question. Seek out an attorney consultation. The attorney will need to ask you several questions to determine how to protect your interests.
Q. A friend has a daughter, his ex will keep his lil 1 away from him for dating other people when they arent together.
A: Cohabitation is frowned upon for custody and visitation purposes. If father has a girlfriend, father should either marry girlfriend or not have her around the kids.
Q. I have a woman who was supposed to move in & there is no lease or any written agreement on anything.
A: You should, under no circumstances, remove her property from the home until after going through proper eviction procedures. You should locate a landlord/tenant attorney in your local area to discuss what notices have to be given and what length of time you need to wait before eviction proceedings.
A: You can hire a lawyer to file a custody petition with your local court before the child has been away for a significant period of time. Consult a lawyer soon.
Q. Is a child support agreement signed and notorized binding?
A: It will ultimately be up to the judge whether to enforce the agreement or not. If such a case is brought, immediately obtain a lawyer to represent you in this matter.
Q. Is it a crime to threaten to burn someone’s personal property
A: If you feel like you have been the victim of a severe threat (at any point), report it to the magistrate. They will be the one to decide whether the threat is sufficient enough to warrant further action.
Q. I didn't do the proper paperwork to file a motion to quash a subpoena. At the hearing, the judge suggested a continuance
A: That would largely depend on the judge, but most judges would allow you to cooperate with the opposing side if you decide to. Whether it is a good idea in your particular case is best discussed with a confidential consultation with a lawyer to determine the pros and cons associated with your course of action.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Matthew L. Kreitzer, Attorney at Law
340 N. Pleasant Valley Rd.
Winchester, VA 22604
Toll-Free: (540) 333-0330