Free Consultation: (703) 352-9044Tap to Call This Lawyer
Wilfred Yeargan
  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Traffic Tickets...
  • Virginia
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AGoldSocial Media

Attorney Wilfred Yeargan graduated from the University of New Hampshire Law School, Franklin Pierce in 1998. He has served the Northern Virginia area for twenty years, providing skillful defense of thousands of criminal, traffic and DUI cases. He also assists clients with prosecution and defense of civil matters such as expungements, protective orders, personal injury and contract claims.

Attorney Wilfred Yeargan is an experienced litigator and has successfully defended thousands of criminal and traffic charges in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Some of the routine matters defended by his office include Reckless Driving, Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol, Driving on a Suspended License, Hit and Run, Speeding, Driving Outside Restrictions of a Restricted License, Accident Cases, Personal Injury due to motor vehicle collisions, Assault and Battery, Drug Charges like Marijuana or Cocaine Possession/Distribution, Theft, Embezzlement and Property Crimes. Attorney Yeargan aggressively defends client's legal rights and works hard to achieve the best possible result for his clients. His law office offers a free initial consultation and will meet you in the evenings and weekends at no additional expense. Give his office a call today to schedule a time to review your case.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Personal Injury
  • Business Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa, Mastercard, American Express
  • Contingent Fees
    In Personal Injury Cases only.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Law Office of Wilfred W. Yeargan
- Current
Attorney Yeargan has twenty years of litigation experience in Virginia. He has extensive experience with jury and non-jury trials throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia. He handles traffic, misdemeanor, and felony cases in the Juvenile court, General District and Circuit Court levels. Attorney Yeargan also assists clients with expungements, personal injury, business formation, contract negotiation/drafting, and civil litigation.
Franklin Pierce Law Center
J.D. | Law
Placeholder image for education.
American University
B.A. | International Relations
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Virginia State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Wilfred Yeargan's Website Profile
Law Office of Wilfred W. Yeargan Website
Legal Answers
90 Questions Answered

Q. How much is it to get a misdemeanor petty theft off your record and can I do it myself or do I need a lawyer
A: You cannot expunge criminal convictions in Virginia. However, you may be able to file a pardon petition with the Governor’s Office after a period of time. If granted, it will not remove the conviction but leave a notation of the decision on your criminal record.
Q. Can I get a lawyer for criminal law
A: Yes, you may hire a lawyer to defend criminal or traffic charges. The State of Virginia has its own attorneys called Commonwealth Attorneys to prosecute criminal and traffic charges. Contact an experienced attorney in your area for a consultation.
Q. Hello! I have 3 FUIs and it's been 6 years. The judge in my county is harsh. Can I move and petition another one?
A: Yes, you may petition the Circuit Court for restoration of your license or, in the alternative, a restricted license to drive to work, child care, school and medical appointments. You will need to get an evaluation from ASAP after the petition is served on the Commonwealth Attorney. You will need to also get a current copy of your driving record and compliance summary from the DMV. There will be a court hearing where the judge will decide on the merits.
Q. Is it illegal to wear a winter type ski mask while walking on a public sidewalk during the day in order to keep warm?
A: It is a Class 6 felony for a person over the age of 16 to wear a mask in public With the Intent to Disguise His or Her Identity. Cold weather is certainly a valid reason to wear a mask and the state would have a difficult time proving this charge if you were arrested. However, in an abundance of caution it may be prudent to leave a substantial portion of the face uncovered or carry a doctors note if you have a medical condition. 18.2-422 of the Virginia Code allows one to wear a mask for medical reasons. Normally this code section is charged tangentially in a burglary or robbery case where someone was clearly engaged in criminal activity.
Q. At my arraignment I opted to hire own lawyer
A: Contact court services at the local courthouse and fill out a request for a court appointed lawyer. You may qualify if you are currently unemployed, depending on the type of charge you are facing and whether the prosecutor (Commonwealth Attorney) is asking for active jail time. Usually you need to fill out the request at least two weeks before your court date. The sooner it is done the better.
Q. Can you get a DUI removed from your record through community service?
A: No, if you have been convicted you are not eligible for expungement of the arrest. You also cannot remove the conviction with community service. A criminal conviction in Virginia is permanent. The only relief you may get is a pardon from the Governor if you file a petition.
Q. Hello I need help on a murder case, do I need a family lawyer or criminal lawyer?
A: Edward, you need a criminal lawyer experienced in the state where the offense allegedly occurred. Do not discuss the facts of the case online or with anyone who is not a lawyer. My advice is to seek a consultation in person with a criminal lawyer.
Q. If i got a continuance for a speeding ticket will i still have a chance to prepay it before the new court date
A: Yes, you can still prepay the ticket before the new court date if the case is continued from the initial court date.
Q. How do I get an arrest expunged in Richlands, Virginia, when I now live out of state? The arrest is 21 yeas old?
A: You will need to get a certified copy of the Warrant of Arrest and disposition. If it is no longer available, you will need to get a letter from the court certifying that the records were destroyed. You can then file a petition in the Circuit Court of that county for expungement. As part of the process, you will need to be fingerprinted locally and have the prints mailed to the State Police in Richmond. The petition will need to be served on the Commonwealth Attorney. You can request a Circuit Court hearing on the expungement when the prints are returned to the clerk of court by the State Police. Contact an experienced expungement lawyer if you need help with the process.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Law Office of Wilfred W. Yeargan
11350 Random Hills Rd
Fairfax, VA 22030
Telephone: (703) 352-9044
Fax: (703) 352-9045