Matt Besser is a champion for the rights of individuals in employment discrimination, constitutional, and civil rights cases and appeals. In addition to his work at Bolek Besser Glesius LLC, Matt is an Adjunct Law Professor at Case Western Reserve University School of Law, where he teaches appellate practice.
Matt holds the esteemed “AV Preeminent”® rating from attorney rating service Martindale-Hubbell. U.S. News and World Report’s Best Lawyers Magazine has twice named him one of its “Best Lawyers” in Cleveland for employment law. For its part, Super Lawyers Magazine has named him to its Cleveland “Super Lawyers” list in the field of employment law representing individuals every year since 2014.
Active in the legal community, Matt serves as Second Vice-Chair of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association’s Certified Grievance Committee. He is also a member of the CMBA’s Judicial Selection Committee, and the Ohio State Bar Association Council of Delegates.
Matt graduated summa cum laude from The Ohio State University Moritz School of Law. After law school, he served as a law clerk on the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. He lives with his wife and two sons on the east side, and is an avid Buckeyes fan.
- Appeals & Appellate
- Employment Law
- Civil Rights
- General Civil
- Labor and Employment
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
- 3rd Circuit
- 6th Circuit
- The Ohio State University
- Michael E. Moritz College of Law, summa cum laude, Order of The Coif
- The George Washington University
- Ohio State Bar
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Activities: Judicial Selection Committee, Grievance Committee
- Bolek Besser Glesius LLC
- Employment Law Attorneys | Cleveland, OH | Bolek Besser Glesius, LLC
- Bolek Besser wins $986,605.21 discrimination verdict in Cuyahoga County
4 September 2019
- Cathleen Bolek named a top 100 Ohio attorney
13 December 2018
- Trump sued for violating the First Amendment on Twitter. Sad!
12 July 2017
- High Court to address protections for corporate whistleblowers
4 July 2017
- Appeals court holds federal employment law bans sexual orientation discrimination
8 April 2017
- The Trump who stole Christmas
23 December 2016
- “The Best Lawyers in America” honors Bolek Besser yet again
15 August 2016
- Dep’t of Labor Expands Overtime Protections to 4.2 Million Workers
19 May 2016
- Does Title VII Prohibit LGBTQ Discrimination? The EEOC Says Yes.
3 March 2016