Free Consultation: (216) 310-3495Tap to Call This Lawyer
Mark Martin Turner

Mark Martin Turner

Principal, Law offices of Mark M Turner
  • Estate Planning, Business Law, Consumer Law ...
  • Ohio
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

I began practicing law in 2002. I spent over 13 years with the Cleveland firm of Gallagher Sharp, primarily as a litigator, before venturing on my own and then landing at The Gertsburg Law Firm in 2017 before choosing to restart my own practice in 2020. Before becoming an attorney, I worked as a financial manager for a small business after earning his MBA. My experience allows me to understands the challenges facing small business owners, allowing me to advise, as well as provide valuable legal information. With over 20 years’ experience in the business and legal worlds, I strive to find timely cost–effective solutions rather than spending valuable resources to win at all costs. In the past I have represented a diverse array of clients from Fortune 500 companies to small business and individuals. My practice includes litigation, business advising, non-profit consulting and probate. My business background and legal training offers a unique set of skills to help protect and grow businesses, ensure contract proposals are properly drafted and current contracts are fair, mitigate risks and analyze the cost/benefit of new endeavors. Beyond the practice of law, I am the proud father of two active children. I remain active in several non-profit organizations including being a board member of Open Doors Academy and legal advisor for Third World Books. Having played hockey my entire life, I currently coach youth hockey in Cleveland Heights and still takes to the ice competitively myself.

Practice Areas
  • Estate Planning
  • Business Law
  • Consumer Law
  • Probate
Additional Practice Areas
  • Non-Profit Law
  • General Civil Litigation
  • Free Consultation
    A 30 min free in office consultation is available to prospective clients
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
6th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Law Office of Mark M Turner, LLC
- Current
The Gertsburg Law Firm Co, LPA
Law Office of Mark M Turner, LLC
Gallagher Sharp
The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law
The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law Logo
Canisius College
MBA (1993) | MBA with focus in Health Care Management and Finance
Placeholder image for education.
Case Western Reserve University
B.A. (1990) | History and English
Case Western Reserve University Logo
Risining Star
Ohio SuperLawyers
Professional Associations
Ohio State Bar  # 0075516
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Responding to Third Party Subpoeans
Play It Safe
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
11 Questions Answered

Q. My mother passed away in Hawaii. Due to the pandemic, I wasn't able to travel there to take care of her personal affects
A: First and foremost, your mother died in Hawaii so her Probate will be controlled by Hawaiian law. You need to find a Hawaiian attorney to represent you and your interests. If it is similar to Ohio law, and she died without a will you should inherit everything, but move quickly so the assets of the estate are not waisted by your estranged daughter.
Q. My mother in law going to recieve a substantial amount of money and a house through inheritance. Can she move into
A: As a general answer, the Estate owns the house. The executor of the Estate could permit her to move in but does not have to until title transfers. If I were advising the Executor, I would not have a problem with her moving in so long as none of the other heir's objects and she takes over payments of the mortgage, taxes, and insurance when she does move in. If there are items in the house that have been given to others, those should be moved out and the mother-i-law should pay for the storage unless the heirs waive that requirement.
Q. Attorney is stuck out of country with no other attorney in office to handle my Mom's estate. She was decease 4/12
A: First off, I don't fully know the situation with your Mom's attorney and I am not trying to step on anyone's feet. However, you are not required to use the attorney who has the will to open the Estate. You can use any attorney or at least any attorney that practices in the probate area to open your mother's estate. The will is not needed to open the estate either, although the will may name an executor. Once the estate is opened, the will must be given over and the attorney you hire to open the estate can demand it from your Mom's attorney or secretary. I hope this answers your question.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Law Office of Mark M Turner
1783 Cadwell Ave
Cleveland Heights, OH 44118
Telephone: (216) 310-3495
Cell: (216) 310-3495