Practicing general civil law for over 30 years, now specialized in uncontested divorces and low-conflict divorces, designed to deliver maximum value to my clients. Excellent reviews on Avvo for my personalized, efficient service. 13 years of experience mediating family law cases; conducted Cobb County sponsored family law workshops. Member of the Cobb County Family Law Section.
- Family Law
Free ongoing consultations in divorce cases.
Credit Cards Accepted
All credit cards and PayPal.
- Italian: Spoken, Written
- Owner and Principal
- The Hughes Law Office
- Potomac School of Law
- J.D. (1980) | International Law
- Activities: Editor-in-Chief of the Potomac Law School Journal
- Certificate of Appreciation
- Cobb County Family Law Workshop
- A thank you for the family law workshops I conducted helping pro se clients navigate the family law judicial system.
- State Bar of Georgia  # 376125
- Cobb County Family Law Section
- GA Uncontested Divorce
- Q. question
- A: No, but you could be asked that on cross examination if it’s at all relevant and you would have to answer truthfully.
- Q. I am in Georgia, my soon to be ex is in Pa. and our marriage certificate is from South Carolina. Where do I file papers
- A: Where you married is irrelevant. If you are the petitioner, you sue her in Pennsylvania or in Georgia with the proper waivers.
- Q. My husband and I divorced 10 years ago in the divorce decree we both kept our own IRA’s
- A: Difficult to give a definitive answer without examining the settlement agreement. If it states unequivocally that neithr party can claim any interest in the other's retirement fund, then you do not have a claim and he is not obliged to list you as a beneficiary. Consult with a family law attorney.