Kedra M. Gotel

Kedra M. Gotel

Highly Qualified Georgia Attorney w/ Massachusetts Education
  • Estate Planning, Family Law, Divorce
  • Georgia
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

The Barnette Law Firm focuses on delivering robust outcomes within the realm of family law, encompassing areas such as divorce, child custody, child support, paternity, legitimation, and the modification of existing court orders related to child custody and support. Our approach involves well-informed decision-making and the execution of high-quality results, whether through trials or settlement agreements.

Distinguished by our commitment to maintaining family functionality amid major or minor disruptions, The Barnette Law Firm stands apart with a unique perspective aiming for lasting results for you and your family. Our services extend beyond family law, encompassing will drafting, special needs trusts, guardianships, and conservatorships. These legal mechanisms are skillfully employed to safeguard our clients' assets and protect loved ones navigating significant life changes.

Estate planning demands experience and the ability to address life's unexpected twists and turns. The Barnette Law Firm, with a proven track record, adeptly navigates through these challenges. Entrust us to resolve your legal concerns and guide you through the complexities of preserving your family's well-being and assets.

Practice Areas
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Family Law
    Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State Bar of Georgia
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
The Barnette Law Firm, LLC
Legal Assistant Specialist
Atlanta Circuit Public Defender
Judge Advocate General Corps Summer Intern
United States Department of Defense
Judicial Extern
Hampden County Housing Court
Volunteer Legal Intern
Atlanta Judicial Circuit Public Defender
University System of Georgia - Georgia Southern University
University System of Georgia - Georgia Southern University Logo
Western New England University School of Law
J.D. (2001) | Law
Honors: Dean's List Selected as Judge Advocate General Corps Summer Intern for United States Army (Fort McPherson Installation) Received Cali Award in Trusts & Estates (highest academic achievement in field of study) Judicial Extern for Hampden County Housing Court
Activities: Member of Multicultural Law Students Association
Placeholder image for education.
CALI Award in Estate Planning
Western New England College School of Law
Professional Associations
State Bar of Georgia  # 969311
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Bar Association
Family Law Section
- Current
Activities: Serve as an engaged member of the family law section. Present on topics of diversity and inclusion.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Alternatives to Filing an Appeal: Motions for Reconsideration
Institute of Continuing Legal Education (ICLE Georgia)
Determining the Gross Income of a Military Service Member
Speaking Engagements
How to Determine the Gross Income of a Military Service Member
Georgia State Bar Association, Family Law Section
Alternatives to Filing an Appeal: Motions for Reconsideration
Georgia State Bar Association, Family Law Section
Websites & Blogs
Kedra M. Gotel's Website Profile
The Barnette Law Firm, LLC Website
Legal Answers
10 Questions Answered
Q. my grandfather died and now his caretaker is squating in his house refusing to show anyone his will.
A: You need to file a petition in probate court in the county your grandfather lived prior to his death. The court will notify any other heirs or interested parties (including the caretaker) of the legal matter. You should request to be appointed the personal representative unless someone else can provide sufficient proof of a will naming another individual as the executor. This will give the caretaker an opportunity to assert any rights she has under the will or otherwise. There may be some facts you are unaware of i.e. your grandfather may have married the caretaker or quitclaimed his interest in the real property to the caretaker. You will need an attorney to assert the appropriate caveats in this case, if necessary. ... Read More
Q. I was supposed to get my daughter for designated visitation, but her mother won't tell me where she is. What can I do?
A: You should file an Application for Citation of Contempt. You must prove that your ex's violation of the court order was intentional. If you are successful in proving her actions were intentional, you are entitled to an award of attorney's fees and expenses of litigation. Depending on the circumstances, you could also file a petition for modification of child custody and seek primary physical custody of your child. I would encourage to seek legal counsel as soon as possible.
Q. My sons father got temp custody about 4/5mths ago. I am wanting to file the petition to reverse his temp custody.
A: I would encourage you to seek legal counsel to discuss your options. A temporary order can be appealed but the order will be reversed under limited circumstances. If it is your desire to have the order reversed only because you no longer like the terms, your reasoning will not withstand legal muster at the appellate level.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
The Barnette Law Firm, LLC
Newnan Location
P.O. Box 2341
Newnan, GA 30264
Telephone: (470) 485-2995
Monday: 9 AM - 5:30 PM (Today)
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5:30 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5:30 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5:30 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 1 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed