Free Consultation: (435) 628-8587Tap to Call This Lawyer
Lane Wood

Lane Wood

The Law Office of Lane Wood
  • Criminal Law, Domestic Violence, DUI & DWI ...
  • Utah
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law

Lane Wood provides aggressive and effective representation to individuals facing criminal charges. Lane handles all criminal case including domestic violence, DUI/DWI, assault, theft, drug charges, sexual offenses, and more. Lane has handled a wide variety of cases at all stages from intake through trial. Lane will fight to defend your freedom.

Lane also handles divorce and domestic litigation. Lane has handled hundreds of divorce and custody matters. Lane will aggressively fight for your rights in any divorce or custody action. His attention to detail is invaluable in ensuring that no details are missed.

Prior to opening his own firm, Lane worked for Bangerter Frazier & Graff & Wright Naegle in St. George Utah.

Practice Areas
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
    DUI & DWI
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
  • Free Consultation
    Free 15 minute telephone consultations
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Utah State Bar
ID Number: 15288
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
The Law Office of Lane Wood
- Current
Bangerter, Frazier & Graff, PC
Associate Attorney
Wright Naegle, PLLC
University of Nevada-Las Vegas
J.D. (2014)
Honors: Graduated Cum Laude, in the top 15% of class
University of Nevada-Las Vegas Logo
Professional Associations
Southern Utah Bar Association
Board Member
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Utah State Bar  # 15288
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Understanding the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act, SUBA All Day CLE, St. George Utah
Southern Utah Bar Association
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
43 Questions Answered
Q. After 43y married husband (66yr) and I (63)yr are divorcing. How many years of support can I expect realistically?
A: The answer to your question really depends on the specific facts of your case. By law, the Court can award support up to the length of the marriage. In your case, that is very unlikely. Where he is around retirement age, Alimony can become difficult if someone does retire. However, if he does open his own business after retiring, you could be eligible for alimony based upon that work. At some point with a real retirement, it can shift to a property division, including dividing any pensions and other assets. With the complicated nature of alimony, I strongly suggest that you hire an experienced attorney to assist you.
Q. I am on a Child Abuse Registry for a chronic offense but never criminally charged what to do to remove name?
A: My reading of the statute is that being on the child abuse registry alone does not prevent you from adopting a child. I don't know the process, if any, for removing oneself from the child abuse registry, but I have successfully completed an adoption for an individual who was on the registry. If you look at the Utah Adoption act, it has a list of disqualifying criteria. Unless it has changed recently, it requires a conviction.
Q. Do Custodial Parents receive birthday time with their child?
A: This will depend on your court order and your parent-time schedule. Without reviewing your order, it is impossible to tell you whether you have birthday time or not. The statutes for parent-time when you live within 150 miles include holiday time for birthdays. The statutory schedule for when you live more than 150 miles apart do not. However, I don't know if your order includes a unique schedule or follows one of the statutory schedules.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
The Law Office of Lane Wood
720 S. River Road, Ste. A-210
St. George, UT 84790
Telephone: (435) 628-8587