Free Consultation: (859) 581-0800Tap to Call This Lawyer
Kristin Michelle Russell

Kristin Michelle Russell

Russell & Ireland Law Group, LLC
  • Criminal Law, Domestic Violence, DUI & DWI...
  • Kentucky, Ohio
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Kristin grew up in Northern Kentucky and has been protecting the rights of individuals, families and children since 2009. She fights for her clients accused of crimes by the government, including federal offenses, felonies, misdemeanors, DUI and juvenile offenses. Kristin also maintains a family law practice where she focuses on adoption and juvenile law.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • Domestic Violence
  • DUI & DWI
  • Family Law
  • Personal Injury
Additional Practice Area
  • Adoption
  • Free Consultation
    30 minutes
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Spanish: Written
Professional Experience
Attorney / Partner
Russell & Ireland Law Group, LLC
- Current
Willenborg, Russell & Ireland, PLLC
Assistant Public Advocate
Kentucky Department of Public Advocacy
Represented indigent clients accused of crimes
Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Northern Kentucky University
J.D. (2009) | Law
Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Northern Kentucky University Logo
University of Louisville
B.A. (2005) | Philosophy
University of Louisville Logo
10 Best Attorney DUI Attorney
American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys
The American Institute’s DUI/DWI Division recognizes excellence of practitioners in the field of DUI/DWI defense. We compile an exclusive list of the “10 Best” Attorneys for each State. Some States depending on size and population density may be broken up into City or Region to be more applicable to potential new clients who utilize this site when looking for an Attorney. The “10 Best” is a prestigious honor for the Attorney as each Attorney must: Be formally nominated by the Institute, client, and/or fellow Attorney; Have attained the highest degree of professional achievement in his or her field of law; and Having done so with an impeccable Client Satisfaction rating.
Professional Associations
Northern Kentucky Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Kentucky Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Kentucky Ignition Interlock Devices for Certain DUI Convictions
Russell & Ireland Law Group, LLC
Understanding Bond and Pretrial Release in Kentucky
Russell & Ireland Law Group, LLC
Making Sense of Kentucky's Juvenile Crimes and Procedures
Russell & Ireland Law Group, LLC
New Kentucky Law Allows Expungement of Certain Class D Felonies
Russell & Ireland Law Group, LLC
Kentucky Doubles Look-Back Window to 10 Years for Prior DUI Offenses
Russell & Ireland Law Group, LLC
New Law in Kentucky Establishes Civil Protective Orders for Dating Violence, Sexual Violence and Stalking Victims
Russell & Ireland Law Group, LLC
Police Interrogations and False Confessions of Juveniles
Russell & Ireland Law Group, LLC
Speaking Engagements
"Why Choose Law: Diversity Matters" Program, Attorney Panel, NKU
Salmon P. Chase College of Law
Business Boot Camp, Attorney Panel, NKU
Salmon P. Chase College of Law
Websites & Blogs
My RSS Feed
Legal Answers
14 Questions Answered

Q. Hello, I am trying to get help with adopting the little boy I currently have permanent custody of.
A: Good morning, you need to hire an adoption attorney to petition the family court where you live to adopt and simultaneously terminate the parental rights of the birth parents. Based upon the information you’ve provided, it does not sound as if the birth father’s consent would be required because he has abandoned the child and failed to provide parental care and protection for the child with no reasonable expectation of improvement.
Q. I have been charged with a dui. I need a lawyer to represent me. My income is limited. Do you offer pro Bono service?
A: You may qualify for a court-appointed public defender. You should fill out an Affidavit of Indigency at the district clerk's office in the county in which you have been charged. The court will determine your eligibility.
Q. How can a person be indited whit out being chraged of the crime i never recived a citation or court for
A: Yes, this is called a direct indictment. You should contact a criminal defense attorney immediately to find out if a warrant was issued on indictment and when your arraignment will be. Perhaps they tried to send a criminal summons to an old address?
Q. I was found to possess fake 50$ bills that were ordered on amazon released 9 days later on ankle monitor
A: I would say your defense depends upon whether you possessed them with intent to defraud, deceive or injure another. See KRS 516.060
Q. What steps do I need to take to have my criminal record removed from my background
A: Contact an experienced criminal defense attorney to see if you’re eligible for an expungement. If you are eligible, you will need an expungement eligibility certificate and the appropriate petition to be filed with the court.
Q. Is there mandatory jail time for a first time DUI?
A: There is a mandatory 4 days in jail if an aggravating circumstance is present.
Q. Do you get a harsher sentence for having more alcohol in your system?
A: Yes, if your BAC is 0.15 or higher, it is considered an aggravating circumstance subjecting you to a mandatory minimum jail sentence (4 days on a first offense, 14 days on a second offense, etc.)
Q. Ky law i have 60 days to be indicted or released. Is that after arrest or after it is bound over by the grand jury?
A: "...if a defendant has been held to answer, without being indicted, for longer than 60 days from the finding of probable cause pursuant to RCr 3.14(1), the circuit court shall, upon motion, thereupon make an order discharging such defendant from custody; or, if such defendant is free on bail that has not been forfeited, exonerating such defendant's bail and any conditions thereon or directing a refund of any money or bonds deposited as bail, as the case may be." RCr 5.22. So, this is after the case has been bound over to the Grand Jury.
Q. a misdemeanor: receiving stolen property under $500 in 2013. 2 years unsupervised probation. When can it be expunged
A: " sooner than five (5) years after the completion of the person's sentence, or five (5) years after the successful completion of the person's probation or parole, whichever occurs later." KRS 431.073.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
726 Greenup Street
Covington, KY 41011
Telephone: (859) 581-0800