Free Consultation: (704) 727-4900Tap to Call This Lawyer
Kelli Y Allen

Kelli Y Allen

Representing immigration clients worldwide; New Financing Options Available
  • Immigration Law, Elder Law, Family Law...
  • North Carolina
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law

The Law Office of Kelli Y. Allen provides personalized, professional legal and mediation services.

Kelli represents immigration clients worldwide. Her immigration law practice focuses on family-based visas, adjustment of status, consular processing, unlawful presence waivers, naturalization, DACA, U-visas, removal of conditions, and some non-immigrant employment visas. Kelli is a member of the American Immigration Lawyer's Association and previously clerked with the Charlotte Immigration Court.

Our North Carolina elder law practice consists of long-term care planning, asset protection, establishing long-term care Medicaid eligibility without having to "spend down", preparation and submission of NC long-term care Medicaid applications, and representation before the Department of Social Services. The firm also provides evaluation and preparation of legal and documents such as Financial Powers of Attorney, Healthcare Powers of Attorney, and wills. Kelli is a member of Eldercounsel and the National Care planning Council.

We provide family law services for clients in Mecklenburg and Cabarrus counties in North Carolina. Our philosophy is to provide emotionally-supportive, compassionate, realistic advice to our family law clients, and to promote a civil, dignified resolution to highly-charged, stressful disputes involving divorce, child custody & visitation, child support, alimony, and domestic violence.

Kelli is a Nationally Certified Professional in Mediation. Our mediation practice primarily focuses on assisting families navigate potential challenges and conflicts dealing with elder issues such as caring for an aging parent, living arrangements, and decisions to look toward long-term care placement. We also medicate cases involving divorce, custody, mediation, neighborhood disputes, landlord-tenant issues, and workplace issues. Kelli is a member of the National Association of Certified Mediators and the American Bar Association Dispute Resolution Section,

Practice Areas
  • Immigration Law
  • Elder Law
  • Family Law
  • Arbitration & Mediation
  • Divorce
  • Domestic Violence
Additional Practice Area
  • Long-term Care Medicaid
  • Free Consultation
    Complimentary 15 minute telephone consultation on most immigration matters. Complimentary Meet-and-Greet for Mediation.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Mastercard, Visa, Discover
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Outside financing programs available; in-house monthly payment options; Immigration services provided on a flat-fee basis; no hidden fees.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
North Carolina
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
4th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Kelli Y Allen Immigration & Elder Law
- Current
Charlotte School of Law
J.D. (2010) | Law
Honors: Summa Cum Laude
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
North Carolina State Bar # 42179
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Elder Law Matters
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Care Planning Council
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Association for Community Mediation
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Association of Certified Mediators
National Certified Professional in Mediation
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Bar Association - Dispute Resolution
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Mecklenburg County Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Immigration Lawyer's Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
All About Seniors Magazine
Speaking Engagements
Taming the Jungle of Long-term Care, Huntersville, NC
Nationally Certified Professional in Mediation
National Association of Certified Mediators
Websites & Blogs
Firm Website
Legal Answers
197 Questions Answered

Q. Is a Self-uniting/Quaker marriage license okay for immigration purposes? Will the marriage certificate be legal?
A: In general, if the marriage is legal in the place where it is performed, USCIS will recognize it as a legal marriage.
Q. I opened a U Visa case in front of USCIS and they sent to me notice of action I-797, I want now to have EAD
A: You are not eligible for an EAD until 1) your U-visa case is approved and you receive U-visa status or 2) you are found eligible for a U-visa and are granted deferred action status while waiting for a U-visa number to become available.
Q. If I were to marry my boyfriend who is illegally here in the state of maryland will they deport him? We do have 2 kids
A: Simply marrying him would not initiate deportation. If you are a U.S. citizen, there may be options for him to obtain legal status after you are married. Contact an immigration attorney for a full analysis of your case.
Q. How can I get my parents and sister a tourist visa from Brazil?
A: There is nothing you can do directly to get them tourist visas. Usually tourist visas are denied for failure to show non-immigrant intent. This is not something you can overcome on their behalf. Rather, each of them will have to be able to prove sufficient ties to Brazil (ex. family, job, property, etc) to convince the officer that they will come to the U.S. only for a short visit and then return.
Q. Can I travel with Uscis Advance Parole travel document abroad?
A: Even with advance parole, there is no guarantee of admission. The safest course of action is to remain in the U.S.
Q. If I file an immigrant petition for my siblings, would they find it harder to get visit or work visas in the interim?
A: Just filing an I-130 petition so that they are in line waiting for a visa number should not impact non-immigrant visas in the interim.
Q. If my 4 kids are born in the United states can I apply for my residency because of my kids being born here.
A: No. In and of itself, simply having U.S. citizen children does not supply a basis for permanent residency. U.S. citizen children must be 21 years of age to file an immigration petition on behalf of a parent. Even then, that does not guarantee permanent residency, as other requirements must be met. Contact an immigration attorney for a full analysis of your situation and possible options.
Q. How will appearing on a rent deposit case as a witness affect my Green Card now and when applying for a US passport?
A: Unless there is additional information, I'm not sure what the concern is. Whether someone is a witness in a criminal or civil proceeding is unrelated to an immigration petition.
Q. I'm US citizen. My spouse is in the US with valid I94. If we file I-130, is it safe to travel outside for 2 weeks?
A: More information is needed to provide an answer. It depends on what type of visa your spouse used to enter the U.S. , whether it is still valid, and what the future intentions are regarding case processing. As a general answer, if by "safe" you mean guaranteed to be able to re-enter the U.S. in two weeks, that answer is no. No foreign national is ever guaranteed entry into the U.S.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Law Office of Kelli Y Allen, PLLC
10150 Mallard Creek Rd. Suite 105
Charlotte, NC 28262
Telephone: (704) 727-4900
Cell: (704) 727-4310
Fax: (704) 973-0873