Courtney L. CarterArnold & Smith PLLC
- Family Law, Divorce
- North Carolina
Courtney Carter is originally from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, but has resided in the Charlotte area since 2011. Prior to relocating to Charlotte, Courtney pursued her undergraduate degree at Kent State University. She graduated with her Bachelors of Science Degree in Business Management with a focus of Pre-Law in three years. During her time at Kent State University, Courtney had the opportunity to perform an internship with one of Pennsylvania’s State Senators. During Courtney’s time with the Senator’s office, she was able to assist constituents with government assistance programs, as well as organize events for children, veterans and senior citizens.
While in law school, Courtney was the campaign manager for a local candidate running for Charlotte City Council, District 6. After graduating from law school and earning her J.D., Courtney began practicing in the area of Family Law, focusing on divorce, child custody, child support, alimony and equitable distribution. As a child of divorce, Courtney is familiar with the various difficulties families face when contemplating and/or going through a divorce. As such, Courtney is passionate about guiding her clients through the emotional and financial complexities of a divorce, so that she can assist the client in achieving the best result.
While Courtney is not working, she enjoys hiking, exercising, spending time with friends, family, her beloved dog, and cooking. Courtney also serves on the Board of Directors for her condo association.
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Credit Cards Accepted
We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- North Carolina
- Arnold & Smith PLLC
- - Current
- Coggin Law, PLLC
- Kent State University
- B.S. | Business Management with Pre-Law focus
- Charlotte School of Law
- North Carolina State Bar
- Courtney L. Carter's Website Profile
- Arnold & Smith PLLC Website
- Charlotte Divorce Lawyer Blog
- How Can I Relocate With My Child After Divorce?
March 29, 2023
- Five Common Questions About Divorce in North Carolina
March 22, 2023
- How Does Marital Misconduct Affect Divorce?
March 15, 2023