Julie Fowler

Julie Fowler

Divorce and Custody - Affordable Representation
  • Divorce
  • Nebraska
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Nominated one of "10 Best" Attorneys for Nebraska by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys in 2015. Winner of Michael W. Amdor Memorial Excellence in Legal Research Award.

Practice Area
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Law Office of Julie Fowler, PC, LLO
Creighton University School of Law
Creighton University School of Law Logo
Michael W. Amdor Memorial Excellence in Legal Research Award
Fourth Judicial District, Douglas County, Nebraska
Professional Associations
Nebraska Bar Association  # 23649
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
596 Questions Answered
Q. I paid bail for an individual and their case is done now and they spent the refund money. Can I get that money back?
A: If a friend borrowed money from you (to make bail or otherwise) and did not pay it back as promised, you can potentially bring an action against them to force them to follow the terms of your agreement.

If the dollar amount is lower, you can potentially bring the action in Small Claims Court. Small Claims Court doesn't allow attorneys and is for lower dollar claims. Information on Small Claims Court is available on the Nebraska Supreme Court's website. https://supremecourt.nebraska.gov/self-help/small-claims

Keep in mind that even if you do get a judgment saying they have to pay you back, you have to take further steps to try to actually collect the judgment if they don't willingly follow the order to repay you. ... Read More
Q. Ex hasn't seen kids in 10 years and moves out of state can i change visitation. I have full physical and legal custody.
A: If there has been a material change in circumstances, you can file a modification action to ask the Court to change the parenting time provisions. If the other parent has been an absent parent for many years, this could include requesting a change to require supervised parenting time or some type of reunification therapy before otherwise resuming parenting time.
Q. Can the county attorney office ignore me and destroy my weapons that were in a friend's safe that was raided? I want my
A: It depends on why the County Attorney is denying the request. See Nebraska Revised Statute Section 29-820 for some examples of when the firearms are required to be destroyed under Nebraska law once no longer needed as a part of evidence in a criminal case. If such is the case, you don't have a right of reimbursement from the County. However, you could file an action against the defendant to ask the Court to order the defendant to be required to pay you for the firearms that were destroyed due to their unlawful acts.

If you disagree with the State's reasonings for failing to return the items after the end of the criminal case, you can challenge the failure to return the property. If challenged, it is the State's burden to show that it is meeting the requirements of the statutes and Nebraska law. If the criminal case has ended and the State refuses to return the property, you may need to seek the assistance of an attorney to contest the failure to return the property and ask for your property back. ... Read More
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Law Office of Julie Fowler, PC, LLO
7777 L Street
Omaha, NE 68127
Telephone: (402) 455-1711
Monday: 8 AM - 5 PM (Today)
Tuesday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Notice: No walk-in appointments available. Please call to schedule an appointment.