Jonathan David Herpy, Sr. has been named one of the top private equity and corporate attorneys in Illinois under the age of 40 by Chicago Magazine in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020.
Jonathan has represented investors, sponsors, and managers of public and private pension plans, broker-dealers, investment advisers, custodians, and other financial industry service providers throughout the entire range of the investment spectrum and routinely provides market-leading advice on public/private offerings of equity and debt along with capital raising strategy.
In addition to the above, Jonathan has been touted as an industry leader for his sophisticated and efficient approach to structuring on- and off-shore investment vehicles, management entities, and investment transactions.
Of particular note, the private equity/family office team at Hart David Carson - lead by Jonathan - has developed an industry-leading approach to advising private equity and hedge fund principals with respect to establishing family offices and preserving and deploying capital, and has represented many of the investment management industry’s most prominent individuals and families.
In addition to his work in the financial industry, Jonathan represents athletes and coaches in the NFL, NBA, and MLB concerning issues involving contract disputes, public relations, private equity/family office structuring and wealth preservation.
- Business Law
- Estate Planning
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- English: Spoken, Written
- Hart David Carson, LLP
- - Current
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School
- J.D. (2012) | Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Washington & Jefferson College
- B.A. (2009) | Psychology
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Illinois # 6311071
- - Current
- Jonathan D. Herpy's Website Profile
- Hart David Carson, LLP Website
- Firm News & Legal Updates
- Advantages and Drawbacks of Licensing Intellectual Property
2 January 2020
- Liability in Car Accidents with Multiple Drivers
27 December 2019
- Issuing Stock for Your Business – Advantages and Disadvantages
23 December 2019
- Workers’ Comp and Long-Term Disability – What’s the Difference?
19 December 2019
- What Laws Should Doctors Be Aware Of?
17 December 2019
- Estate Planning for Farmers
16 December 2019
- How to File a Business Tax Extension
6 December 2019
- What Does an Estate Planning Lawyer Do?
22 November 2019
- Challenges of Commercial Truck Accident Cases
19 November 2019
Hart David Carson LLP [HDC - Corporate] - www.hartdavidcarson.com - As a client, you want to know that your attorney is listening to you. At HDC, we can provide you with the understanding and perspective you need.Providing the Right Perspective for Your Business
Hart David Carson LLP [HDC - Estate Planning] - www.hartdavidcarson.com - The unique backgrounds and experiences of the attorneys at HDC give them the right perspective provide you with the support you need.Lawyer and Entrepreneur: A Holistic Approach to Law
Hart David Carson LLP [HDC - Client Representation] - www.hartdavidcarson.com - At HDC, our lawyers are also entrepreneurs themselves. How does this approach translate into success for our clients? Attorney Jonathan D. Herpy shares the motivation behind this unique business model.