John D. Cahners is a State Bar Certified Specialist in Criminal Law, who was a former senior prosecutor with the Santa Clara County District Attorneys Office. He has been defending those charged with crimes, since 1980.
He has been successful at handling all kinds of criminal defense with experience that includes every kind of crime, from DUI to Homicide. As a result of the new trend in prosecutions, he has become expert in handling Domestic Violence cases, and has devoted a substantial percentage of his practice to that area.
AV peer review rated by Martindale Hubble, he is also recognized by San Francisco Magazine and Super Lawyer Magazine in their 2006-2010, 2012-2014 editions as a “Super Lawyer”. He is considered by them to be in the top 5% of all attorneys in Northern California.
Born: July 2, 1943 in Boston, Massachusetts
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- DUI & DWI
- Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
No cost for initial consultation.
- Credit Cards Accepted
- English: Spoken, Written
- 9 years Deputy District Attorney, 37 years Private Defense
- Stanford Univ
- Undergraduate Degree
- UC Hastings COL
- Law Degree
- AV Rating
- Martindale Hubble
- 10.0 Superb Lawyer Rating
- San Francisco Magazine
- California State Bar  # 47542
- - Current
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
- - Current
- Criminal Law in Santa Clara
- California State Bar