Free Consultation: (210) 970-7146Tap to Call This Lawyer
Jodi Soyars

Jodi Soyars

Soyars & Morgan Law, P.C.
  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Domestic Violence...
  • Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Jodi Soyars is an Aggressive & Experienced TRIAL LAWYER in San Antonio. She has been recognized by the National Trial Lawyers as one of the Top 100 Criminal Law Attorneys, by Best DWI Attorney as one of the top 10 DWI Attorney's in San Antonio, and by the American Family Law Institute as one of the Top 10 Female Family Law Attorneys in San Antonio. While working to defend her client's freedom (& careers) in the criminal law courts, Jodi Soyars saw a need to help protect her client's rights to their children & property in the family law courts because many times a client was being falsely accused of a crime as a way for an aggrieved spouse to gain an advantage in the divorce & custody proceedings. If you find yourself facing a criminal accusation or need help protecting your rights to your children or property from an aggrieved spouse, call Jodi Soyars today and let her help you.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Domestic Violence
  • Divorce
  • Free Consultation
    For DWI & other Criminal Defense Cases ($250 Consultation Fee for Divorce & Custody Cases)
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    We accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Managing/Practicing Law Partner
Soyars & Morgan Law, P.C.
- Current
Jodi's primary focus is on DWI and criminal defense in the State and Federal Courts. Soyars & Morgan has a family law section and wills & estates section as well.
Soyars Law Offices, P.C.
Windham & Windham, P.C.
Vinson & Elkins LLP
University of Houston - Main Campus
J.D. (2001) | Law School
Honors: Graduated with Honors
University of Houston - Main Campus Logo
Texas A&M University
Placeholder image for education.
Top 50 Criminal Defense Attorneys
San Antonio Scene Magazine
Best DWI Attorney
Best DWI Attorney
Named one of the Top 10 DWI Attorney in San Antonio for 2016
Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorneys
National Trial Lawyers
10 Best Client Satisfaction Award 2015-2016
American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys
Professional Associations
San Antonio Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Texas State Bar # 24030907
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Putting Your Money Where Your Mouth Is: Perverse Food Subsidies, Social Responsibility & America's 2007 Farm Bill
Environs, UC Davis School of Law
Speaking Engagements
Probation Primer, Nuts & Bolts, San Antonio, TX
San Antonio Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
Educating other criminal defense attorneys on various aspects of Probation in Bexar County, Texas.
License to Practice Law
Texas State Bar
Websites & Blogs
Soyars & Morgan Law Website
Legal Answers
15 Questions Answered

Q. search&seizure handcuff husband.they search bedroom in my room without consent did they violate my rights
A: There could be a serach & seizure issue if they did not have a warrant and they did not have another legally authorized reason to be in the house or searching the house. However, if they did not find anything, there is not really any remedy. Call an experienced criminal defense attorney if something was seized or your husband was arrested. If you are wanting to pursue a civil claim against the State for violation of a constitutional right (i.e. discrimination, illegal search and seizure, etc.) then you would need to call a civil attorney.
Q. My wife won't respond to my lawyer so he can file the petition. What do I do now?
A: You can file for the divorce, claim there were 2 children born during the marriage whose identity is not known at this time, request a paternity test (because children born during the marriage are presumed to be the husbands) and then amend pleadings afterwards once discovery/paternity testing is completed.
Q. I was in a car with a friend who was drunk and got arrested --
A: If they have the license plate number or somehow know how to identify the driver/car, the driver and/or registered owner will face the potential for criminal and civil liability. This is a serious situation. If you are a passenger you may also be liable if there was a duty to stop and render aid. You should contact an experienced criminal defense attorney to better advise you.
Q. If there was an illegal search on your house, could an arrest warrant be issued a year later from the search?
A: The burden to show an illegal search and seizure is initially on the defendant to request a motion to suppress hearing to contest the issue. If you think your rights were violated call a local experienced criminal defense attorney most of us give free consultations.
Q. My husband was picked up on domestic violence by strangulation, I never pressed charges
A: This is a 3rd Degree Felony if he had no prior family violence findings in his criminal history record. Otherwise it is a 2nd Degree Felony. This is very serious and should be taken seriously even if you do not want the charges filed. The State can pick up the charges and prosecute without your approval or acquiescence, so the best thing to do is to retain a local, experienced criminal defense attorney to make sure he is doing everything he can to defend himself against these charges. Most of us offer free consultations so call around and see who is a good fit for his particular case. Good Luck!
Q. I wanted to know how long of a sentence would an offender charged with a 2nd family violence charge and 3rd felony gets
A: Third degree felony range of punishment is 2-10 years texas department corrections (prison) and up to a $10,000 fine. However, you should not assume you will do prison time. Even if this is not your first felony, you should retain an experienced local attorney to help you with the case so you can develop a strategy designed to achieve your personal goals in the situation.
Q. What will happen if a 28 year old female punched my 9 year old in the face?
A: They can be charged with injury to a child if the injury was not serious bodily injury. If they caused serious bodily injury they can be charged with aggravated assault.
Q. What do I do about some one filing false charges of assault against me in the state of Texas
A: Retain an experienced criminal law attorney and have them defend you. Even false allegations should be taken seriously because if you are convicted it can have a devastating affect on your career and possibly even your freedom.
Q. I am divorce and we have joint conservativeship w/my son (who is 9 yrs) living w/me. If my son lives with his dad for
A: Yes. It will most likely be considered a material change in circumstance and would open the door to a modification. However, if you believe this is in your son's best interest you should work with the father to modify the custody agreement in a way that satisfies the collective needs of everyone rather than leave open the possibility to fight about it later in court when a judge who barely knows you all will make a decision.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Soyars & Morgan Law P.C.
310 South St. Mary's Street
Suite 1860
San Antonio, TX 78205
Telephone: (210) 970-7146
Fax: (855) 568-9494