Free Consultation: (575) 622-1988Tap to Call This Lawyer
Jeff Grandjean

Jeff Grandjean

Grandjean Law Firm, LLC
  • Family Law, Divorce, Personal Injury...
  • New Mexico
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media
Practice Areas
  • Family Law
  • Divorce
  • Personal Injury
  • Estate Planning
  • Criminal Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Mexico
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Grandjean Law Firm, LLC
- Current
Hennighausen & Olsen, LLP
Sandenaw Law Firm, P.C.
Texas Tech University School of Law
J.D. (2010) | Law
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Texas Tech University School of Law Logo
New Mexico State University
B.A. (2007) | Government
New Mexico State University Logo
Professional Associations
New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
State Bar of New Mexico # 141589
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
12 Questions Answered

Q. Can my parents refuse keep me from moving my son out of state? They are paranoid something will happen to him
A: Unless they have some type of court order grandparent rights, custody, or guardianship, I don't see anyway they could prevent you from leaving the state with your son. I would recommend contacting an attorney to discuss the matter further if they are threatening to file some kind of legal action.
Q. there anyway that i could get full rights and child support still if father doesn't see child at all?
A: It is possible you could get primary custody and still get child support. As far as terminating his rights completely, if you do that the Court may still order child support. Terminating rights completely is difficult however, I would recommend you speak to an attorney to discuss all of your options. Please feel free to contact me or another attorney on Justia.
Q. My child's father dies not pay child support and hasn't been in his life for more than 3 years and now is claiming he
A: It is possible but he would likely have to go to court to do so. I would recommend contacting an attorney to discuss your options and to review the court docket to see if anything has been filed. Please feel free to contact myself or any other attorney on Justia if you want.
Q. What's the time frame to file a lawsuit against jcpenny?
A: I notice you are from Fort Worth but you are asking the question in New Mexico. The statute of limitations in New Mexico is three years, so you still have time. I will not state with certainty what it is in Texas, but it could be two years, if it happened in Texas I would recommend consulting an attorney there immediately. If it happened in New Mexico, I would recommend contacting a New Mexico attorney to discuss, either myself or someone else you may find on Justia.
Q. Upcoming hearing for child support modification my income has changed.
A: The Court does not count income of your new spouse towards child support. Your case could be a little more complicated though as since you are married it may not be entirely clear whose income that rental money is, I would need to know more of the details to give you a more complete answer. For example, if you are a co-owner of the home, that could complicate things. I would recommend you contact either myself or another family law attorney to discuss the matter in more detail.
Q. I'm a stay at home mom. How will this affect the child support for my son?
A: In New Mexico no one's income counts towards child support except for the actual parents, so your new partner's income would not count, even if you got married. As for your income, the court could do one of a number of things, they could use your old income since you voluntarily became a stay at home mom, or they could simply use full time minimum wage for you which is what is often done if someone is not working. If one of your shared children with your ex is under the age of six, the Court also has the option of using a zero figure for your income, but that is in the court's discretion. I would recommend you contact an experienced family law attorney, such as myself or someone else here on Justia to discuss your options further.
Q. what legal rights do I have for custody and visitation as a mother paying child support?
A: You have the absolute right to put a motion in to have custody modified based on what is in your child's best interests. I would recommend you contact an attorney to discus your options.
Q. The mother of my child is recently deceased she died in new mexico without a will her parent has my child and refuses me
A: Given that you are the only biological parent remaining, you should be able to do so however since the grandmother is not giving the child willingly to you, you will likely need to take her to court and get a Court Order requiring her to give you the child. I recommend contacting an attorney in New Mexico to discuss your options.
Q. Can someone please help me understand what a 'mixed decision' means in a divorce judgement? thank you
A: A mixed decision usually means that the judge ruled in one party's favor on some issues, and in the other party's favor on other issues, or even that on individual issues the judge didn't rule entirely the way either party wanted but somewhere in the middle.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Grandjean Law Firm, LLC
500 N. Main St., Suite 814
Roswell, NM 88201
Telephone: (575) 622-1988
Fax: (575) 622-1042